turntables

papa_dukes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just saying, dude is wanting to upgrade to "new" technology but really there is nothing new about a cdj you can scratch with. They are just taking that and adding the ability to use vinyl as well. Big whoop.

However, there is something new about being able to manipulate mp3's realtime with a turntable and not having to lug around endless crates of cd's and vinyl.

I just dont see why one would jump to a vinyl/cdj setup when the basis of most all cd's is mp3's. and solid, reliable mp3 technology already exists for the vinyl DJ.

Mostly my issue is just Numark.. I'll wait to see who else pushes this and maybe what else they can add to the game..

those x2's look interesting

wonder if they play mp3 cd's if not it's a waste

and it should be able to connect to a hardrive via usb

if not it's a waste...there's cddj's that could do the same job

I need new equipment bad i'm selling my tt's, they're just not cost effecient to have anymore. Records cost too much, why bother when i could sit at home and buy mp3's

Accept change, technology moves fast.

beardofzeus i think there is more to come with mp3 manipulating and vinyl

there's always room for improvements, upgrades, better transporting/setup.

It would be nice if a computer wasn't necessary to have with serato.

anyone have a link to a serato torrent?

am i an idiot for asking?

you should learn what serato does before trying to own it. no you cant torrent serato. if you look at the flick i posted earlier in this thread, you need that piece in the middle and the 2 slabs of vinyl it comes with. the mp3's play off those specific vinyl made by serato rane.

anyones those ipod mixers look clean. gemini makes them too.

ockdowninny4140kq4.jpg

ockdowninny4141cu0.jpg

they have a new one:

idj2_overview.jpg

^so much better and it only requires one

i dj'd on one of that other one before

...it did absolutely nothing a few cords a mixer an two ipods couldn't do

& I hear that recording the vinyl and sell it later, but i like collecting

i've got some i'd never part with - frank sintra, nat king cole 45's etc.

Even though i love technology, there's something too intangible for me.

I've had crashed laptops and i felt like i lost a kidney.

DJ Jazzy Jeff uses the SERATO setup for his tourning gigs, and I dont think anyone could tell the difference.

The techno crowd was way ahead of everyone else on the integration of digital files.

Ritchie Hawtin was pushing the first version of Fincal Scratch years ago, and he helped

push the technology forward. It's strange how one musical genre is so quick to integrate

new tools and ideas and another genre (hiphop) seems to fight against the technology

on the basis of 'keeping it real'. I do agree that people need to keep buying records

so that the labels dont stop making them. That would be sad.

they have a new one:

idj2_overview.jpg

^so much better and it only requires one

i dj'd on one of that other one before

...it did absolutely nothing a few cords a mixer an two ipods couldn't do

& I hear that recording the vinyl and sell it later, but i like collecting

i've got some i'd never part with - frank sintra, nat king cole 45's etc.

Even though i love technology, there's something too intangible for me.

I've had crashed laptops and i felt like i lost a kidney.

This thing looks like it would make my ipod freeze all the time... have you used this one??? how accurate is the pitch and the scratching???

My boy's looking for a reasonably priced mixer that's adequate for scratching or "turntablism". Dude's been DJing for something like 10 years now but really doesn't pay any attention to equipment or anything like that... so I figured I'd ask for him.

Any suggestions?

Oh: He's real hard up on that whole 'doing the most with the least' mentatlity, so keep that in mind.

Are you kidding? Technics have been behind on torque for the last 4-5 years. Pretty much every new turntables selling point is that it has a very high torque. 2-3 times as strong as any technics table.

The only reason technics remains because it is very durable, dependable, rugged, and has been proven to last a very long time.

This table right here IMO is way better than any technics. Its got one of the strongest motors on the market, looks good, all metal construction, excellent tonearm, you can select phono/line output, %75 pitch control, key correction, very stable, no feedback. I cant even scratch on a technics table anymore because the motor is so weak compared to the stanton. and you can find it brand new on ebay for about $260.

Although my opinion is skewed because i'm primarily a scratch dj.

And RUMPUNCHER, Eclers are very good mixers. Make sure it comes with the eternal crossfaders...they are like butter and you can adjust the cut-in time to the slightest little nudge. I rock the hak-360