turntables

papa_dukes

yup coppin this asap

x2_large1.jpg

description:

x2 Hybrid Turntable

With exceptionally high torque, Numark’s X2 benefits from the industry’s highest torque direct drive motor—providing the stability and durability professionals demand night after night. Featuring adjustable pitch control and support for both 33 and 45 RPM vinyl records, this exceptional turntable employs an ultra-precise aluminum tonearm with cue, height, and anti-skate adjustments, and accepts straight or S-shaped tonearms by means of its interchangeable tonearm system. With its 12-inch anti-drag aluminum platter designed specifically to reduce friction and its solid core construction that fights vibration and unwanted noise, the X2 is designed for years of trouble-free operation.

http://numark.com/

hot shit anyone else grabin or gettin a pair of tables this season?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not wrong its all about personal opinon what you like is what you like I've been usin tables since 96 my first set were Techs which I still use and they are great and as time goes on my friend times changes technology in tables has got so advanced you got to up on your shit to understand do your homework.

^agreed

not everything nowadays you like or need to rock a crowd can be bought on vinyl. which is quite sad but its reality and times change.

PA080024.jpg

PA080026.jpg

me and my brother bought the x2 last summer and quickly replaced it with serato rain, which alot of dj's shit on nowadays, but we had way too many records and too little space and its a pain in the ass to lug all that shit around especially if you're a mobile dj. i think dj's with experience should only have serato and not dj's that are just starting out.

peep this gem:

avm02_large1.jpg

AVM02 Professional Audio/Video Mixer w/ Effects

Designed for mobile DJs and club installations, Numark’s AVM02 Audio/Video Mixer with effects delivers numerous features optimized for live performance. The AVM02 offers separate, replaceable DJ crossfaders for audio and video with linked mode operation and slope control, Chroma Key (blue screen) and Luma Key (black screen) capability for superimposing images, plus numerous fades, wipe patterns, picture-in-picture (PIP) capability, and two video effects sections. The AVM02 is capable of multiple simultaneous effects. The mixer also incorporates joystick control for wipes and picture-in-picture operations and provides ten background color options

I'm not wrong its all about personal opinon what you like is what you like I've been usin tables since 96 my first set were Techs which I still use and they are great and as time goes on my friend times changes technology in tables has got so advanced you got to up on your shit to understand do your homework.

It is personal taste.. Don't get me wrong this isn't that serious.. And trust me I know about the technology and all that noise... But I also look at it from sound quality point of view... Blah, blah, blah... Usually the first round of new technology is all about working out the bugs and kinks.. That's why I'm not too hyped.. That and it's Numark...

BTW.. I have an old Numark mixer that is a tank and has good sound quality..

Im just saying, dude is wanting to upgrade to "new" technology but really there is nothing new about a cdj you can scratch with. They are just taking that and adding the ability to use vinyl as well. Big whoop.

However, there is something new about being able to manipulate mp3's realtime with a turntable and not having to lug around endless crates of cd's and vinyl.

I just dont see why one would jump to a vinyl/cdj setup when the basis of most all cd's is mp3's. and solid, reliable mp3 technology already exists for the vinyl DJ.

It seems to take away from the tradition and culture by just having mp3 files in a computer with some digitally-inserted "scratching" that you manipulated with the push of some buttons.

Seems more authentic to see a stack of milk crates filled with vinyls and hearing/seeing real scratching with real skill.

Shit like that wouldn't fly in the Yay.