ATTENTION CAMERA NERDS<-------

fakename

hello there.

ive tried asking this on various camera forums etc but im getting no useful info.

im soon to be investing in a 5mp digital camera that comes with video mode. im buying it solely for photos but was just wondering if the video mode could be any good, its 640 x 480 / 25 fps and has 1gb sd card. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the video mode will be of decent quality for use in a movie? and how much video ill be able to store on a 1gb card at 640 x 480 / 25 fps. cheers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

found this on amazon. hopefully it'll help:

1GB is a lot of memory. MP3 tunes encoded at the most common 128kbps bit rate runs about 1MB/minute, so a 4-minute song will occupy 4MB. Video files are harder to summarize since there are so many different encoding bitrates and options (e.g., 15fps or 30fps, mono or stereo or surround sound). I encode at 384kbps/15fps/mono, and one hour of video takes about 150MB. If you want to encode at the more fluid 512kbps/30fps/stereo, expect about 300MB per hour. In short, you should have no trouble fitting more than one full-length movies on this.

hello there.

ive tried asking this on various camera forums etc but im getting no useful info.

im soon to be investing in a 5mp digital camera that comes with video mode. im buying it solely for photos but was just wondering if the video mode could be any good, its 640 x 480 / 25 fps and has 1gb sd card. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the video mode will be of decent quality for use in a movie? and how much video ill be able to store on a 1gb card at 640 x 480 / 25 fps. cheers.

Likely the movies are compressed with MPEG 4 which is just ok, but if you're not editing the videos you'll be fine. I've seen some pretty good video come out of even the lowest of the low digicams. There will be encoding artifacts but no more than you'd see out of your standard DiVX rip of a movie.

hello there.

Hi, how are you doing?

not bad yourself?

So... kinda hot in here for that cheerlearder uniform, dont'cha think?

WE are doing just fine.

Dont you have some pictures to take or something?

even better question is can you take teh n00dz