Oddities

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I didnt knew that, however it seems that this 'oddity' is getting more odd than i thought...Why do the Swiss guard the vatican??? shouldnt the army of Italy do that?

no, no, certainly not Italy, Vatican City is a sovereign nation, the Swiss guard have been guarding the city since day one I think, even the Vatican armies that fought the crusades were by large percentage hired from the Swiss. There's some history there...

oh, and why not Italy? Unstable government and too close to home. In WWII the Italians were fascist, the Swiss were, as they always have been, 'neutral'

also, as to the Italian army's proficiency... there was a WWII era joke it went:

Wanna buy an Italian rifle? Never been fired, only dropped once.

I actually got some use out of this joke after the Iraqi surrender...

Guest imported_Tesseract

HMmmm, how embarassasing. I live in Europe and you know better history than me...

Anyway, thanx for the info.

however:

'Wanna buy a Swiss knife? Mcgyver did some wild shit with it'

on the Swiss army knife tip... and a personal note... years ago I was given a full on primo S.A. knife, top of the line... it was a gift from the president of Perrier but he was only a friend of a friend of our family, he just hooked me up out of nowhere and it was SO dope, for half a year or so until I dropped it over the side of a boat... it's still one of the things in life I look back on and regret, albeit minor... another dope ass knife I had was an Air Force issue switchblade, nothing pretty, looked kinda like a Boy Scout knife but with a button, also it had a 'cord cutter'. A hooked shaped blade for cutting parachute lines, however it was equally useful on the boat... that one got stolen from me by my first friend in the town in which I now reside. He died this year of a drug overdose. Weird because he was one of the most straight edge people I've ever met, eventually a smoker of the herb but still, no sort of party guy... RIP James... Also there was this dope ass Schrade lock blade, shaped like a stilletto with a fold outfinger guard and a sweet bone handle... threw that one at a tree and never saw it again... *sigh*

HOLY RAMBLE BATMAN!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Same here, i used to own 3 swiss knives in my life and i lost everysingle one.Basicly i was thinking of buying a new one (the reason i was in victorinox's site)but i doubt i'll manage to keep it in my posesion for more than a year. so, fuck it.

btw, i saw this(cyber tool), which is a total piece of shit and i decided to start a dissing thread on swiss knives and stick to my good memories.

sorry to hear about your friend.

Guest imported_Tesseract

haha, right its for the people that think that cdrom trays are ment to hold your cofee or something

-----------------

still searching old jacket pockets,

for latest swiss knife:(

----------------

still got my flashlights :D

swiss people have a great army, it is mandatory for every male citizen to do service in the swiss army, and what ever job they are doing at the time must take note of it and give them the time off o do their serivce to the country and they have to rehire them when the service is complete.

Archived