i wish my download of the new isis record would go fucking faster

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the last time i saw them they were the opening act in like 2003.

Incredibly boring.

But I just saw them this past weekend in a venue with about 2500 kids in it and everyone went fucking nuts. The music/stage performance is about 10000 times better than when I last saw them.

yeah, almost done listening to it. a bit more mellow than the last couple i think. singing is a little more up front, not quite as melodyish. not sure how i feel about that exactly, i've always really considered them to be an 'instrumental' band, so this kinda changes things a bit. we'll see.

ya know, as much as i hate to admit, ive never listened to much neurosis. i need to get on that. i downloaded some shit once, but apparently they have some records that arent that good...i think i got those.

i'll give a better report on the album tomorrow, after ive spent a good 16 hours straight listening to it. the last two were so fucking good, im not really sure how it could possibly compare.

no, i mean melodyish.

you'd have to listen to isis, but the vocals often work as an instrument, so you hear a complimentary melody, not lyrics. to say they were less 'melodic' would imply that they were now barking or something. they're the same as they were before, just more upfront and in your face.

trust me on this one, 'melodic' wouldnt have worked.