More Reefers comin!

ArtistikFunk

I've gotta give it up for due payment and knowledge it self rarely do I respond to threads in pics or words, but over the last 4 to 5 years you have got to be the most well rounded no biased rail-fan/graff person here. I got print outs of boxcar dimensions you posted 3 years ago along with numerous other tid-bits of knowledge. i would just like to say first and foremost thankyou for your personal dedication to the craft, and second it is to me all about the (merit badge) quality, or how rare the car is. Cyro-trans good stuff glad to here more are in the works, but I'll miss blue solid colds, tropies with the sexy lady, real colds, diesal units all togeather extended length up flats, automated railway, and the list goes on! Again thanks and hope that was not too cheese for everyone else.

Thanks my man for the comments & thoughts...

Cryro are nice But, i have to agree- nothing will compare to the golden oldies like Blue GVSR,

Soldcolds,Realcolds, DRGW Orange Reefers, Western fuit express, all yellow UPFE's (Whom will be rare In years to come) Western pacific feather cars, Milwaukee Roads, cotton belt, Sp cars & all yellow CNW flats.....

these are the days bro's.. Riggie high cubes & intermodel stacks are gunna rule the lines some day!!..

Grown ass man still playin with trains!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few new Cryo-trans roll thru the local yards, fresh paint and everything...One question, anyone know what the deal is with the names on the boxcar doors? Their usually located near the top of the door, I've seen many different names...just curious. Oh yeah, the cryo-trans are dope, but what about the Inland Valley's?

• 2 weeks later...

I love me a merit badge. I've hit 188 different reporting marks in my career so far. (No, I haven't padded that number with a "hopper crusade" to pick up endless marks ending in X.)

With so many cars of mine running, I'll paint anything nowadays, and fuck the buff chances. If it runs, great. If it gets buffed, it's costing them money, and I'm happy to make aggressive buffers pay for their party pooping. I say bomb up the Cryos and any other fleets with a buff rep, make them give up. Don't let them win by scaring you away from hitting their cars.

I saw one IBOX back east a few months ago. Couldn't get paint to it, hot spot in the daytime. But it already had end-to-end buff marks at piece height.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join The Cold Train!!

This has to be one of the most impressive consist to see in person!!!

armnz.jpg

The train, loaded with the equivalent of 200 truck loads of onions, apples and broccoli packed

into cars set with ideal temperatures for each type of food,

takes off from Washington. The train only has to stop to change crews and fuel up..

Reefers are played and boring, if you want a flat white background paint a wall, but thats just opinion.

Reefers are also pool cars, Lamb Westons are filled with CO2 to keep the product cold, so they are even stricter pools, same as simplots and cryo-trans, pre-3000 series

Reefers are played and boring, if you want a flat white background paint a wall, but thats just opinion.

Reefers are also pool cars, Lamb Westons are filled with CO2 to keep the product cold, so they are even stricter pools, same as simplots and cryo-trans, pre-3000 series

I agree to a certain extent, i stay away from cryos from that same reason. I paint lambs on occasion because the areas they get pooled arent spots my normal lines run to. Armn's get a ton of play from east to west so i prefer them.

This is really silly. Them being white is irrelevant. So with that being sed, you never

hit anything flat cause you can just do a wall, EH? Since ya like ridges, I bet you wreck

shop in the Coal Car yard FOOL!!!!!!!! Aww yea!

i've had bad experiences with painting cryotrans, the car itself cant be beat...they look nice and are flat as can be but they seem to get powerwashed quite often, not the older ones with ridges but the newer flats!

i love the old 1000 series CRYO............myy fav.

I could care less bout the new ones, I want some Lamb Westens...