CD Music Is DEAD!!!

Seffiks

The end of the music CD as it is.' Most CDs are simply used for ripping onto digital audio players (Microsoft Zune) or (The Apple IPOD) by 2007 most big record lables will come with additional material to make them more attractive to the consumer. Revenue from CDs still outranks revenue from downloads by better than 6 to 1.

So the question is would it take 'additional material' to get you to keep buying CDs? what material would you like to see?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you know what's really good..... the fact that in all the news articles about p2p file sharing, they leave out soulseek.

maybe it's just not big enough to make ripples, but it kicks ass and keeps a low profile.

on a side note: my stylus broke and I haven't listened to a record all week. life is silent these days.

The end of the music CD as it is.' Most CDs are simply used for ripping onto digital audio players (Microsoft Zune) or (The Apple IPOD) by 2007 most big record lables will come with additional material to make them more attractive to the consumer. Revenue from CDs still outranks revenue from downloads by better than 6 to 1.

So the question is would it take 'additional material' to get you to keep buying CDs? what material would you like to see?

What is this, market research? Do we get paid to answer your questions?

i'll buy cds as long as they're around.

the bands i'm into tend to have atleast 75% good songs on their albums, sure i've bought a few disappointing discs, but i enjoy having cd booklets and all that rather than some burned disc.

i don't like dl'ing... but that side of the industry is huge and i think where it is headed, so maybe someday i'll download a song, not today

I will always buy CD's, because to me, it's a collection. My dad has over 3000 CD's, and even more vinyl records. When you walk in to his living room, it's a sight to behold. I download albums, but rarely and I'll still go out and buy the CD. Having the case, the artwork, the linear notes, having them all stacked together and organized....it's a beautiful thing, man, a beautiful thing...

ha.. then this is probably in your collection too....

ER.jpg

I've got first printing

awesome record. neil young kicks asssssssssssss.

edit: though on what you said up there rummy, I think neil put this one out to get out of his contract with geffen... him and the record label weren't seeing eye to eye and he still had a few discs he was obligated to put out so he just started making completely off the wall music to piss them off and let him out of his contract