Insomniacs Anonymous 12oz club

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am this way and I am an aussie.

But currently having to wake up @ 6am after being used to not sleeping until 2 to 4 am is a bit of a change I am still adjusting to. Hopefully in the future there will exist a nocturnal race, which kinda is happeniong now as no-one can work labourious jobs in the sun anymore, they instead get up when it is dark to prepare then finish before the sun hits it's peak.

I dunno, maybe this lack of sleep results in incoherent comments such as this in a thread about the issue. I might try to goto sleep. I blame the internet.

I went through a 3-year period without a consistant sleep schedule. During this time my 'waking hours' would range anywhere from 4 to 52 hours, typically towards the latter.

No exaggeration: I'd stay up for 30 hours, sleep 14, wake 9, sleep 3, wake 48, sleep 19, wake 8, sleep 16, wake 2, sleep 4, wake 50, sleep 3, etc... It honestly got to the point where I was losing days because I was passing out later and later every night until night drifted into the middle of the afternoon and back into the evening again.

Luckily I managed to dead all of that about two years ago by forcing myself to sleep at regular hours (meaning before 2am on weekdays) and holding down this morning job, otherwise I'd probably look like a 45 year old by now.

I think the changing of the seasons has something to do with it as well. I can't fall asleep till 4-5 Am, and if I don't even bother trying to go to bed, I stay up till 8-9. I plan on investing in a full spectrum light this winter as well...not seeing the sun for 29 days just isn't cool.

sunsquare_rider.jpg

Fuckin' Vancouver.

Isn't this how the Night Owls started?

My girlfriend usually falls asleep on the couch around 11:30 or 12, at which point I come on here while Letterman, Conan, the Leno repeat, and the Conan repeat provide background noise. Other times I'll listen to music and paint until 4 or 5. I usually force myself to go to bed before sunrise, because I start to feel really nauseous at that point.

Pot used to help, but lately, it doesn't seem to make much difference. If I have a Xanax or a Percocet in the daytime, I'll maybe be asleep by midnight or 1, but I try not to do that too often. I tried an Ambien for the first time last night, and that was pretty effective. I actually only took half, because I had to be up by 9 and I didn't get home until 1, and I wanted to wait until after I watched Lost, so that meant I could only get six or seven hours. Lately, I've also been trying to drink a couple of glasses of red wine after dinner, which sometimes works, and is really good for you anyway.

i'm working nights right now so i don't usually get to bed until 9 or 10 in the morning, but usually wake up around 1 or 2.

my body refuses to switch over to the vampire lifestyle completely, which makes every night a struggle to not pass out in the middle of work.

i've been thinking about buying some tanning minutes now that we're in the rainy season. woking nights, short days, AND no chance of sun for 6 months? I'm going to be translucent by the time spring gets here.