A November to Remember

HardyHarHar

So... what's up with the elections in the fatal fifty? I can tell you about Massachusetts. Senator Kennedy is out for another walk through the park. The governors race got pretty ugly. It's an open spot, because Mitt Romney wants to be president. His lieutenant governor, Kerry Healey ® made the Democratic candidate, Deval Patrick (D) to be a rape-supporter. The polls show that that failed, but Patrick is black, and there is supposedly a phenomenon, that a greater percentage of people say that they will vote for the black candidate, than the percentage that actually does vote for him.

So, what's it like in your neighborhood?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Former Virginia governer Mark Warner (NOT to be confused with John "Macaca" Warner) stated a few weeks ago that he has decided not to run in 2008, which has me really bummed out, as i think he would have been the best possible candidate, and had a really good chance of winning, except unless Mcain runs...oh well, there is Obama but his is all hype and to substance(experience), compared to Mark Warner's awesome record of turning the state around in one five year term.

Congressman Rich Boucher (D) - (FIGHTIN FOR THE 9TH MOTHAFUKAS!!)

after 24 years of service to the 9th district Boucher is once again a assured another term in office, preferring to fly under the radar and get things done as opposed to other representitaves that prefer to grandstand and make a name for themselves on cable news stations by either blindly supporting the president, or calling him an ass. If the dems take back the house in this election he is well positioned to be the head chairman of the Energy Sub Commitee, and given his unwavering support into the adoption for new alternative fuel sourrces it would be good to see somebody in a position calling the shots for the US energy agenda that is not in big oil's pockets...

all in all things are looking pretty good in this area

I'm voting "NO" on allowing supermarkets to sell liquor.

Eat a dick up

and hiccup.

Yeah, pretty much. Plus, they already can sell it here, there's just a limitation on how many chains can sell in each town or on how many can do it in each town. It's either three per chain or three per town, I think it's three per town. They have to go through a lot of loopholes to get the license. Fuck those guys, I'll vote to give them a hard time, I hate this business of putting televisions in every corner of the supermarket, there's no escape. There's also concern about how they won't enforce age laws as well as package stores. Things work funny in Massachusetts, it's only been about 2 years since we've been able to buy liquor on a Sunday. Used to have to drive up to New Hampshire.

And wtf, Smart? Getting a little worked up over nothing there, buddy.

what is walmart tactics?

sorry, but once again you simply dont understand. i dont support something if it involves coercion.

walmart isnt making you do a damn thing. they are just giving us extremely cheap prices on a number of things. the thing is all the walmart haters cant overcome is the success of walmart and there is no way you will stop people from flocking to walmart in massive numbers because they are an 'evil corporation.' walmart will never fall unless unions take it over, and raise prices or the government legislates walmart into ruin.

i dont drink or anything, never have. but that doesnt mean that i dont think morphine sulphate shouldnt be available by the bag like flour in the local grocery store. perhaps in a different aisle than the sugar or flour to prevent confusion. i believe in liberty not 'libertinism.'

voting for legislation restricting liberty is stupid. which is what this bill is you are voting for... a restriction on liberty.

Nah, it means independant stores will go out of business. The GF is from Louisiana and they just about don't even have liquor stores there because all the supermarkets and convenience stores sell it.

Liquor stores do fine here in PR regardless of liquor being sold everywhere else (and I mean EVERYWHERE). Supermarkets can't carry the same variety/quantity that specialized liquor stores can.

what is walmart tactics?

sorry, but once again you simply dont understand. i dont support something if it involves coercion.

walmart isnt making you do a damn thing. they are just giving us extremely cheap prices on a number of things. the thing is all the walmart haters cant overcome is the success of walmart and there is no way you will stop people from flocking to walmart in massive numbers because they are an 'evil corporation.' walmart will never fall unless unions take it over, and raise prices or the government legislates walmart into ruin.

Well you're a fool, then, and a hipocrite.

so hwta is the hteory behind why supermarkets shouldn't be allowed to sell liquor? is it that theyll undercut independant liquor stores and force them out of business or something?

It's a measure that would allow supermarkets and convenience stores to sell wine and wine only. Supermarket chains in Massachusetts are only allowed to designate three stores in the state to sell wine (and liquor). There are many blue laws that I don't like in Mass, but I'd rather keep this one. I like my local liquor stores, and they'd definetly take a hit if every Stop, Star, & Mart sold Yellowtail.