Graffiti Zines Near You

Gunm

I've been noticing a big resurgence in the DIY zine production in the bay area these days. There's a few stores here and there carrying these little zine gems that are great for a reading on the toilet, trading with someone for their uneaten sandwich half or keeping in your glovebox when your significant other is taking their sweet ass time inside the conveneicne store.

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have more than a few good ones floating around.

1. Spider Ghost (variable title per issue)- it's a fantastic black and white zine of bay area graffiti, random tomfoolery and one issue shows a skinhead about 2 seconds away from getting knocked the fuck out by three guys. There's also some really good writing thrown in now and again that actually makes me stop and go "wait, what? Whooooaaaaa. " It reminds me of LifeSucksDie with integrity and half the budget. The guy gets extra cool points for using his work copier to put it together.

2. Color of Shadow - just copped the "street art issue". Full color cover and centerold. Black and white printed on some high quality paper. A bit pricey for a zine ($3) but worth the cost. lot's to look at, no articles....just complete visual stimulation. Very nice. Would like to see an issue dedicated to throwies (if they havne;t done one already i have missed)

SO yeah, list the zines being put out in your area....what are people doing?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Always Fresh Magazine is looking for flick submissions and contributors!!!!

Always Fresh is a new FREE web-based pdf graffiti mag that will be dropping in Aug 09. Each issue will be packed full of flicks from around the world as well as writer interviews and anything else we feel like throwin your way.

We are also offering free advertising for graffiti related businesses in the first issue!!!

For more info or for submissions contact: bigdaddydef@hotmail.com

peace

• 1 month later...

heres some good zines ive gotten in the last year or two

Humanity Is The Devil (Spider Ghost Press Gang)

2275327810_a97e56ab35.jpg

Dirty Art Zine

3321688618_b36653eb25.jpg

Mental Scars & Boxcars

2890892302_9f58f95261.jpg

The Wanderers (Australian Graffiti)

3204476931_e6c089c797.jpg

couple others i couldnt find pics to go along with..

-Tax Report (Small, B&W, Monthly, Awesome!)

-Ontrack Freight Zine (Color, Bulky, Great Photos)

-ABC's (B&W, Dope Sketches, Check them out http://www.theflopbox.com/zines.html)

-Built To Destroy (Freights, Quality Production, Canadians)

-Glamorous Life (Color, Quality Production, Freights, Interviews)

..i have a ton more i just have this stack next to me.

zine traders hit me up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...