Horfé F1 GAP, Paris

work yr soul

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A writing I found on internets. It was in french and I just threw it to google translator , I'm sure no one would mind if some french/canadian wants to correct it

Horphe est un passionné du graff. C’est comme ça. C’est un choix. “J’ai fait le choix de dire que ça fait partie de ma culture. Le graff n’est pas une erreur.

Les gens pensent que cela ne va pas durer mais derrière, il existe un réel mouvement de gens passionnés”. Et ces artistes entament un processus de création visuelle, de décodage…

Et leurs graffs envahissent peu à peu tout l’espace urbain : “il y en a partout… C’est aussi la nécessité de marquer son territoire,

de revendiquer l’appartenance à un bout de mur dans un monde où rien ne nous appartient vraiment…”

Le coeur du graff est peut-être cette rébellion productive qui pousse à toute forme d’expression; ce à quoi Horphe est ouvert.

Ce artiste essaie en effet de s’adapter aux nouveaux paramètres qui balisent sa route.

“Je pousse les limites du genre et plus tu tentes des choses osées, plus tu repousses tes limites intérieures, un peu comme celui qui grimpe une montagne

et puis une autre, plus grande et encore une autre…” Sauf qu’à la différence des limites de l’escalade, ces limites intérieures ne s’arrêtent jamais.

Le corps du graff pourrait-il alors être considéré quasiment comme une forme produisant de l’autodestruction?

L’essai, l’expérimentation (et par là même la répétition) sont des composantes internes du processus de création d’Horphe.

“Mon travail doit toujours être évolutif ; je fais une série de graffs et je change ensuite de style.

J’expérimente, je suis confronté à moi même, je ne sais jamais ce que ça va donner quand ça sort et le résultat est toujours surprenant.”

C’est le cas notamment avec ses graffs en volume qui se rapprochent ainsi d’une sculpture “graffique”. “L’artiste s’exprime de l’intérieur ; c’est un peu un exultoire…

Mais j’essaie toujours de me remettre en question, sinon ça ne vaut rien…” Finalement, le poumon du graff, son oxygène, c’est peut-être bien cette idée:

celle de la remise en question, du doute, de l’incertitude qui font avancer…

Toujours est-il qu’Horphé a une sainte horreur des codes, de leurs conditonnements et de leurs pièges. L’art comme un moyen d’échapper à un manque d’originalité ambiant?

“Je trouve que les gens, en général, sont effrayés de leur réalité et ils s’enferment alors d’autant plus dans la protection et la sécurité du travail, du confort…

la composition interne de leurs goûts primaires s’efface peu à peu…”

Etre artiste, c’est peut-être justement cette envie de retrouver ces goûts enfouis au fond de l’enfant que l’on était, celui qui vit dehors, qui rampe, qui saute…

Et peut-être est-ce le désir secret d’Horphé dans sa manière de vouloir faire à tout prix, d’attaquer la matière, de s’en emparer à bras le corps, de la manipuler.

L’art glisse alors vers l’artisanat pour enfin, devenir art dans sa totalité.

par Marina Quivooij.

Paris / La Forge / Mars 2007

***GGL TRNSLT****

Horphe is passionate about graff. Simple as that. It is a choice. "I made the choice to say that it's part of my culture. The graffiti is not a mistake.

People think that this will not last but behind there is a real movement of people passionate. And these artists are beginning a process of creating visual decoding ...

And their graffs are gradually invading the entire urban space: "they're everywhere ... It is also the need to mark its territory,

to claim membership in a piece of wall in a world where nothing really belongs to us ... "

The heart of the graffiti may be productive this rebellion that leads to any form of expression; Horphe what is open.

The artist tries in effect to adjust to new settings that mark its route.

"I am pushing the limits of the genre you tents and more daring things, the more you push your limits internal, just like climbing a mountain

and then another, larger and yet another ... "Except that unlike the limits of climbing, these internal limits never stop.

The body of graffiti could be considered almost as a form of self-producing?

Testing, testing (and hence the repetition) are components of the internal process of creating Horphe.

"My work must always be evolving and I do a series of graffs and then I change my style.

I experiment, I am faced with myself, I never know what it will give when this sort and the result is always surprising. "

This is particularly the case with graffs volumes that are closer and a sculpture "graffique. "The artist speaks of the Interior and is a bit of a exultoire ...

But I always try to challenge me, or it is not worth anything ... "Finally, the lung of graffiti, its oxygen, it is perhaps this idea:

that of questioning, doubt, uncertainty that advance ...

However qu'Horphé has a holy horror of codes, their conditions and their traps. Art as an escape from a lack of originality ambient?

"I think people are generally afraid of them and then they lock themselves more in the protection and safety, comfort ...

the composition of their primary tastes gradually fades ... "

Being an artist, it is perhaps this desire to find these tastes buried at the bottom of the child that there was one who lives outside, crawling, jumping ...

And perhaps this is the secret desire Horphé in the way he would do so at any price, to attack the material, to capture the arms body, to manipulate it.

The art then glide to the craft and finally become art in its entirety.

by Marina Quivooij.

Paris / The Forge / March 2007