what is it with australia lately?

Abracadabra

Father vows justice on DVD gang

Liam Houlihan and AAP

October 24, 2006 12:00am

THE devastated father of a teenage girl shown degraded and sexually abused on a DVD vows to hunt down those responsible.

The film shows up to 12 youths from the outer western suburb of Werribee attacking the girl, said to be intellectually impaired.

It shows members of the group urinating on the girl, setting fire to her hair and shows her performing lurid acts on the boys.

DVD copies of the video have been sold in schools in Melbourne's west for $5.

"Alan", the father of 17-year-old victim "Julie", said his family was suffering "great grief" as a result of the attack, which he said occurred in June.

"We are speaking to the police. There are going to be charges. She has been abused and we will find out," he told ABC Radio today.

"We are going to pursue this to the end to make sure that justice comes because the community needs to know more about these things."

Julie arranged to meet two of the boys through the MSN internet chat service and thought she was going to a shopping centre but, soon after arriving at Werribee, she was forced by a gang of up to 12 to a nearby river bank, where the attack took place, Alan said.

"We knew something had happened because my daughter had been a very happy-go-lucky sort of kid that changed on a particular weekend.

"We've had her in counselling for three months. The counsellor, who I spoke to last night, said she's only just starting to open up to this stuff.

"It's a horrible, horrible thing that has happened to my daughter.

"I'm appealing to anyone whose son or daughter might be witnesses to this, this video.

"Your kids are going to be seeing something that should never happen to any young girl, and we are going to be living with this forever.

"I was told by Channel 7 that the two parents of the two boys that made this laughed it off and said it was just a bit of fun.

"Well, they need to know that that is not a bit of fun, and they need to know that this is going to have repercussions not just for those boys but for our family for a long, long time."

Werribee detectives are investigating.

Werribee Secondary College principal Steve Butyn said a 16-year-old former student was being investigated for selling the DVD at his school.

"We don't know exactly what involvement (he has had) as far as the production of the DVD is concerned. That's in the hands of the police," Mr Butyn told Southern Cross Radio.

"The parents of the child concerned have decided to take the child out of the school and I am having a meeting with my staff this morning and collectively we will put together the names and details as quickly as we can."

Mr Butyn later told ABC Radio the DVD was produced by students at other schools within and outside the Werribee area and it was thought one or two of his students were involved.

Sen-Sgt Paul Mullett, secretary of Victoria's Police Association, watched excerpts of the video yesterday.

He described the film as the disgusting work of cowards.

"You can't defend the indefensible," he said. "It's nothing short of disgusting. It makes you wonder where society is heading.

"They show no decency for any human being whether a young woman or a homeless person. They're not tough at all. In fact they're cowards.

"They're not terribly smart because they're filming their own disgusting behaviour."

The treatment of the girl amounted to "gross indecency".

"This is nothing short of disgraceful behaviour. What I have seen is reprehensible behaviour," he said.

"People do not deserve to have their safety compromised by a gang of thugs of this type."

The names of some of the boys involved were listed in the credits on the DVD, he said.

Sgt Mullett called for the "full force of the law" to be brought against those involved.

Mr Butyn later said the school had passed on "three or four names" to the police and would investigate further.

The 16-year-old boy who was removed from the school was under investigation for selling the DVD and for his possible role in its production.

The other students were thought to have only sold the DVDs and had been suspended pending further information.

Mr Butyn said he had not viewed the DVD, but saw excerpts on television last night, describing it as "totally disgusting".

"I guess we will see what the (community) response is, but this taints the students of Werribee and (the City of) Wyndham in a very unfair way," he said.

"A very small percentage of youth in Werribee and Wyndham have been involved, but all our youth will be tarred with the same brush."

Police are investigating footage that shows the teenage girl performing lurid acts on the boys before they throw her clothes in the mud.

Members of the gang are then shown torching her hair, pouring a cup of urine on her, then urinating on her directly.

The girl, who is listed on the film as "The Victim", cowers but smiles throughout.

The DVD, which has a professional cover and touts "special features", lists the full names of some of the boys in the credits and thanks one of the boy's mothers for the use of her video camera.

A brother of one of the teens told the Herald Sun he thought the film was disgusting. Parents said they did not approve of the film but were aware of its contents.

The sinister DVD came to light after copies of it were found being sold at Government schools in Melbourne's west.

Tamer segments of it were also posted on video-sharing websites.

The DVD cover says: ". . . the movie is brought to you by the teenage kings of Werribee. No one messes with us. We only mess with them."

Other excerpts of the film, featuring the boys dropping flares on a homeless man, preparing chlorine-filled bombs to detonate in suburban streets and throwing eggs at taxi drivers.

It shows the teenage males throwing eggs at taxis and harassing a homeless man.

It then shows cuttings of reports of their exploits in the local press.

The press clippings include an incident where a Commonwealth Games volunteer was pelted with bottles by young males.

Members of the gang film themselves at night dropping a series of lit flares down a stairwell into an area where homeless alcoholics regularly sleep.

When a taxi driver stops his car and approaches the large group of males after being egged, the teens all flee.

Footage of the rampage first screened on Today Tonight last night.

source

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I watching some repeat of the Tonight show w/ Jessica Simpson and Jay mentioned how he was 'confused' by the cross on a necklace she had that was hanging right above her SUPER DUPER cleavage and she says:

"I know, it's kind of an Aussie moron."

i was watching bumfights presents terrorist and middle east wackos well like 5 minutes of it and they started clubbing kangaroos so i turned it off which has nothing to with this except theres kangaroos in australia

man tis "shockers" over here in melbs.

awefull flim. some of the beheadings and shit are raw as.

had to turen it off when it got to the kuwaities.

raw as fuck.

p.s. if i was the father id be hunting those punk cunts too.

I havnt seen the footage but was sickened to hear of such a disrespectful act from a group of very screwed up individuals. Unfortunately things like this happen worldwide but we only see a handful of these stories when the media sees fit to reveal them.

I think this is a bad reflection on Australia, kind of like some of the way crime documentaries makes America look really seedy , when in reality its only one side of the situation.

That pack mentality is common as it takes a fool to follow a fool.