Play Bridge with The Golden Girls!

CALIgula

So I just finished watching 20/20. (I don't watch it at all, but I saw a commercial about what was going to be on and it caught my interest.) This episode was about people commiting suicide off of the Golden Gate Bridge. Some film director got a permit in San Francisco to video tape the Golden Gate Bridge for 1 year. During that year, I think he filmed 24 suicides; actual footage of these people's death. He also interviewed the families of the jumpers.

Only problem was, he didn't tell the family that he had actual footage of their loved ones dying. Also, he didn't tell the city what his documentary was going to be about (fearing that people would find out and want to jump to be in the film, I guess). I guess there have been debates over this movie. Some people say that it needs to be shown, to educate people about suicide, while others say it will cause more people to want to commit suicide.

Also, another debate going on for a while has been the controversy of whether or not a suicide fence should be put up on the bridge. Well, the movie comes out Friday. Here's the trailer:

"The Bridge":

So, my questions are: Are you going to go see it? Should they show it? Should they build a suicide fence?....discuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Bridge..Golden Gate

im just not so sure thats a good way to kill yourself.

If it was on me i would probably get drunk and

eat 100 sticks. That should be enough.

Maybe do that in the garage with the car running.

well, there's no 'pump your stomach' when you bridge jump... pretty much a guaranteed E-ticket ride.

Still, for me, it's a toss up between carbon monoxide (ala car running in the garage) or gunshot to the face.

yeah, my friend Billy accidentally did himself w/ a Taurus 9 and hollowpoints... you couldn't even tell... I didn't see it actually happen but I was there 5 minutes later cleaning the house before the cops and ambulance came... H e looked like he was just passed out in the Lazy-boy.

For me, there's a certain amount of 'tradition' attached to both methods... who knows, maybe I'll get hit by another train or die of natural causes before I come to that decision...

I actually watched the same shit tonight. I like how dude grabed the bitch up, yanked her of the ledge and sat on her till the cops came... then she still kept coming back for more. her life must have really sucked.

yeah....the guy taking pictures...that shit was cool...i woulda done the same exact thing.

I have this thing with drowning. I dont like deep water.

I wouldnt jump because of the slim chance of surviving

impact. I couldnt do it. I would be standing out on that ledge

thinking. Snap. i need to get some footballs fuck this shit

It seems like it would be my reflex to ty to swim to the

top despite every bone in your body being broke and then

drowning in the cold.

I would just make sure to eat enough.

200 mg will stop your heart and it would be painless. Maybe

throw an oxy on top.

Dig a hole in the woods and go to sleep so nobody finds me

Another train? You been hit by a train before?:confused:

yeah, just once... turns out it sucks... I don't recommend it. I wasn't trying to kill myself or anything, I was just minding my own business and next thing I knew it was all "hospital 4 days later"...

yeah, just once... turns out it sucks... I don't recommend it. I wasn't trying to kill myself or anything, I was just minding my own business and next thing I knew it was all "hospital 4 days later"...

That's fucked. How did it just sneak up on you though? Were you drunk or fucked up on drugs?

Well, I was standing there on purpose, I knew it was there and all... but I was only about a foot away... nobody saw me get hit though because Scott and the girls were 'up' the track from me so, when the train passed they turned around and I was laying there with my feet crossed and my ankles propped up on the rails. So, they thought it was a joke and they said something to me and walked off back to the car... but, I dunno, they say I got up and walked back to my car... I was wearing a white t-shirt and it was all covered in blood because my chin was all kinds of split open... so they 'sensed' something was wrong but... I don't remember much, except the argument with Scott. I was telling him that he was probably gonna have to drive the rest of the way home and he was telling me I was probably gonna die without medical attention...

I thought it would all be cool if I just got home, I was gonna tell my dad I walked into a sliding glass door at a party... in retrospect, Scott was right (or so the doctors said).

great story.

when i get there. i like to think i've got the balls for seppuku, its as classic as it gets, and as far as suicide goes, respectable. but i'll probably just shoot my head off or stab my heart with a chef's knife.

no fence. just another spot for trashbags and whathave you to get stuck and make the city look a bit shittier. plus, suicde fences are jokes., ifyou want over or through something, you'll find a way.

oooh, it was like that. i thought you were standing in the middle of the tracks.

Hahaha, sorry, I went to edit and explain more but I got distracted and just decided to delete the whole post... I forgot I was replying to you for a sec... yeah, no, I was standing next to the tracks not in front of the train.