Wash DC

colonisms

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

what the fuck is this a get-to-know-people social forum? let me see some anti-social vandalism. shit.

and all you toys need to put in work before you come typing away like you know shit. you cant do one tag and take a picture of it with your camera fone and put that shit up here expecting us to think youre up. fuckattahere.

what the fuck is this a get-to-know-people social forum? let me see some anti-social vandalism. shit.

and all you toys need to put in work before you come typing away like you know shit. you cant do one tag and take a picture of it with your camera fone and put that shit up here expecting us to think youre up. fuckattahere.

ahah hes write ( ha get it) but foreal someone post some flicks that dont suck

Stop taking the internet so serious

today's washington post

PH2006071401569.jpg

Obscured in a muck of bulldozers, cranes and concrete in Silver Spring, a nascent summer party called 88 Degrees is getting off the ground, one new face at a time. The monthly electronica-art-and- higher-objectives affair culls DJs, graffiti artists and others to create in real time -- all a backdrop for creative types to huddle and mingle on a vast terrace (and sip mojitos, of course).

Today from 4 to 10:30 p.m., Galbis of Brooklyn, N.Y., is the guest DJ, several D.C. and Baltimore artists will project abstract art onto surfaces and D.C. area graffiti-based artist Ross Trimmer coordinates a group of artists as they remake a graffiti wall. (The newish Gallery Restaurant and Lounge has played host to the events on its terrace.) And, as if you need a reason to come back, the wall is redone at every party.

The brain behind 88 Degrees is David Fogel, a Bethesda native and urban planner whose 9-to-7 focus is nonprofit work. But he's hardly new to the DJ scene, having thrown similar parties for about three years. (A series in 2004 called Equation featured Fogel spinning, a journalist projecting writings and a fashion designer remaking clothing items of sentimental value during the party .)

Of the Silver Spring event, Fogel says: "It's not just about the music; it's not just about the art. It's fusing all of those things with the larger overtone of building creative communities, even creative sensibilities. Your mind just starts to work in a different way, and that's the purpose."

The party doesn't stop until September. Free. http://www.eightyeightdc.com. 1115 East West Hwy. 301-589-2555.

-- Lavanya Ramanathan

188359061_712bad3417.jpg?v=0

for slae.

but seriously props to anyone who has gotten up on that roof, way more difficult than it looks

HAHAHAHA....I remember gettin on that roof in 95....getting up there was easy...the thing is once I got down on the front side of it....all the way down the half circle I couldnt get me ass up that motherfucker. For real I thought I was stuck up on that bitch...shit sucked...