the "truth" behind hip hop

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After School, that dude just sampled DJ Dangermouse, not Jay-Z. Of course it's chopped up, it was a mix album, not released by Jay-Z. He even showed the album cover of the Gray Album...

...Or maybe rappers are shape shifting reptilian people, conspirators and sycophants for the international rotary club and freemasons. sphincter.

white people invented hip hop as a means to cause self-destruction within the black community -- notice how the crack epidemic started around the same time the "hip hop epidemic" started (late 70's early 80's). graffiti was also created by the white man and the CIA, which we can delve into later.

Excellent post.

READ THIS Re: the "truth" behind hip hop

wow. i cant even read through all this. theres so many posts. and stupid ones at that. hip hop isnt dead. why is it so hard to see through the overly negative and niavely positive view points....the same ones that have been around forever---humanity must have forgotten everything its learned a 100 times over. i cant reply to anything so ill just offer this.

we all manifest our reality. maybe not all the circumstance but definately our perception... and how we react is also completely on us. if hiphop is dead its because its dead to YOU. ever listen to some dope ass binary star tracks or jedi mind tricks and think about what u can do to make a difference? its the difference between throwing up good artwork and just bombing your name on everything. what impact have you ,made? and when i say you i mean all of us, individually.

get off that jayz and 50cent bullcrap. check out your alternatives.

glue, del, jmt, time machine, binary star, j5, people under the stairs frickin planet asia.

we live in a world of possibilities. actualize yourself

and to the above artists thanks 4 your contributions to my perspective.

5xb

Re: READ THIS Re: the "truth" behind hip hop

wow. i cant even read through all this. theres so many posts. and stupid ones at that. hip hop isnt dead. why is it so hard to see through the overly negative and niavely positive view points....the same ones that have been around forever---humanity must have forgotten everything its learned a 100 times over. i cant reply to anything so ill just offer this.

we all manifest our reality. maybe not all the circumstance but definately our perception... and how we react is also completely on us. if hiphop is dead its because its dead to YOU. ever listen to some dope ass binary star tracks or jedi mind tricks and think about what u can do to make a difference? its the difference between throwing up good artwork and just bombing your name on everything. what impact have you ,made? and when i say you i mean all of us, individually.

get off that jayz and 50cent bullcrap. check out your alternatives.

glue, del, jmt, time machine, binary star, j5, people under the stairs frickin planet asia.

we live in a world of possibilities. actualize yourself

and to the above artists thanks 4 your contributions to my perspective.

5xb

holy shit....are you serious? the fact that you named 4 people out of 7 who were relevant in the mid to late 90's pretty much solidifies the point that hip hop is stagnant and dead. anyway....here is an analogy. see if you guys can figure it out.

THIS GUY : HIP HOP :: _________ : BON JOVI

...and the answer is japan ladies and gentlemen.....japan

real hip hop is Eric B. and Rakim. Fuck all this new school shit.

Hip-hop in the 90's was all about knowledge and lettin the world know about what was goin on in the ghetto. like Nas, Gangstarr, Mobb Deep. it wasnt about makin guap or none of that shit. Them niggas "kept it real" so to speak.

Like Survival of the fittest, that was all aboput survivin in QB. Nas's NY state of mind Was literally what the title of the song was... The new york state of mind!

jay z is waack!!

and Diplomats. All they do is promote cothes and cars and sellin crack in shit. if i ever go out to NY. im goin to harlem. and personally slicin all of em up

white people invented hip hop as a means to cause self-destruction within the black community -- notice how the crack epidemic started around the same time the "hip hop epidemic" started (late 70's early 80's). graffiti was also created by the white man and the CIA, which we can delve into later.

lol, bump, quote of the year...

anyways its MCs not rappers, the real lyricists are the real deal...

i never really bumped jay-z...

some is good though...

however,

i blame kanye!

Rappers are one C away from Crappers.

They deserve their head flushed into a toilet IMO, because they are all living bullshit artists (other than the ones who are dead by living the life they sung about eg Easy E)

exactly.

all that shit in the videos is a front just to get niggaz to buy shit. come on now. rick ross cant smoke nothin but kush because kush is only round once a while and never in huge quantities.

I can't believe people really spend this much time talking about hip-hop.

Want 'enlightenment'? Wanna feel 'elevated'? Here's the first step:

Stop taking life's lessons from dumbshit egomaniacs who's greatest accomplishment is writing syllable-syncopated poetry to a beat and go to the library. Check out Plato, Kerouac, Aristotle, Nietzsche, the Bible, The Book of Five Rings, Atlas Shrugged and everything by Socrates. Sit down, start reading and don't stop until you've read each of them front-to-cover at least ten times and then pat yourself on the back for finally obtaining 'illumination'.

Next, take a big step back and wrap your head around the realization that being enlightened and knowing what to do with 'enlightenment' are two completely different things. Then sit and chew the tips of your fingers off as you slowly realize you've just wasted immesurable amounts of mental energy on making complete sense of the world around you, only to realize that the only ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth, that all is in all, and that you should've spent your time enjoying life and going to your desires like everyone else instead of playing into the doom-theory self-fulfilling-prophecy that comes with so-called 'illumination'.

I'm sick of all that mystical, meta-philisophical bullshit. Even moreso when it's watered-down, mucked-up and cheapened by preteen-headed rap fans.

:endrant:

I can't believe people really spend this much time talking about hip-hop.

Want 'enlightenment'? Wanna feel 'elevated'? Here's the first step:

Stop taking life's lessons from dumbshit egomaniacs who's greatest accomplishment is writing syllable-syncopated poetry to a beat and go to the library. Check out Plato, Kerouac, Aristotle, Nietzsche, the Bible, The Book of Five Rings, Atlas Shrugged and everything by Socrates. Sit down, start reading and don't stop until you've read each of them front-to-cover at least ten times and then pat yourself on the back for finally obtaining 'illumination'.

Next, take a big step back and wrap your head around the realization that being enlightened and knowing what to do with 'enlightenment' are two completely different things. Then sit and chew the tips of your fingers off as you slowly realize you've just wasted immesurable amounts of mental energy on making complete sense of the world around you, only to realize that the only ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth, that all is in all, and that you should've spent your time enjoying life and going to your desires like everyone else instead of playing into the doom-theory self-fulfilling-prophecy that comes with so-called 'illumination'.

I'm sick of all that mystical, meta-philisophical bullshit. Even moreso when it's watered-down, mucked-up and cheapened by preteen-headed rap fans.

:endrant:

true true

but the fact of life is... nobody can accept that there is no ultimate truth so they fabricate all these ideas n shit just to keep themselves happy