• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blood Feast Island Man

spanish speakers and the letter "j"

Guest Ginger Bread Man

third

and i disagree

I will comply but there was nothing else to say!

bow down fucker...:lol::lol:

I have little to no accent when I speak english, but pronouncing "y" and "j" sounds differently still give me trouble.

I once told someone that my best friend went to Yale. He replied by asking what crime he commited.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

hahah thats funny

sounds like ricky ricardo

I have little to no accent when I speak english, but pronouncing "y" and "j" sounds differently still give me trouble.

I once told someone that my best friend went to Yale. He replied by asking what crime he commited.

your from PR.. your an exception...

you guys have that accent. my boy back in college was from PR in that dudes spanish sometimes i was liek huh? wtf u say?

i don't see why mexicans reverse the J and the Y. this one chunt at this sandwich place asked me if i wanted "jello mustard." i said no but i want yellow mustard. if it's so hard all they gotta do is reverse the letters on how they think it should be prounced and voila.

We barely use the "y" as a consonant in spanish, we have a double "L" for that, and it's nearly identical to the english "j" sound. Meanwhile, the spanish "j" is like the english "h".

It's not as easy as you think to consciously reverse the sounds while speaking. We barely use the "y" phoneme, and when we do it's for entirely differently-written words (such as "hielo"). The mind makes an immediate association with a much more "j"-like sound.

britain has mexicans? :confused:

no, but they have spaniards. you know, those guys that invented the spanish language

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now