Carrying paint, harnesses, bags, etc..

OTD

This is one hell of a toyish question, I'm sure, but I've not been able to find anything on the matter having both googled it and searched this forum.

Some of you recommend carrying paint in disposable bags that can easily be ditched if necessary, others recommend messenger bags, backpacks, etc..

Having played Marc Ecko's Getting Up, I found the protaganist's harness a rather interesting idea. I wouldn't want one quite so godsdamned obvious, but I was thinking, what if you had a harness holding four to eight cans tight to your chest and then wore either a baggy hoody over the top or some sort of baggy jacket (like a duffel coat).

What do you think of this idea, has it been tried? Am I just talking out of my toy ass?

Sometimes the only way to find out is asking, so I'll let you guys answer.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, real nice of y'all. I read your rules, I read all the shit you ask me to and then you just give me shit over it. I've known other non-toys to ask the same fucking question.

Also, it's not like asking "In San Andreas..". That's not a valid comparison at all. Seriously.

San An wasn't exactly made by real "gang bangers" (or whatever the hell they like to be called, if they even exist in the way they do in the GTA games). Getting Up was made by some with connections to graffiti culture. Whoever it was made by, you'd all say it's shit, but take your fucking cynicism elsewhere, okay?

What's so difficult about shutting up with the negative comments, the hating and just saying whether you think it's a plausible idea or not?

I'm only pissed because you can't do me the decency of answering my question seriously when I've done all I could to get it answered without wasting any of your oh-so-precious time.

heh i get where yur comin from, i beat gettin up, but i mean srsly, you wont be able to run at all with 8 cans hangin off you shoulders, and wearing one of those long coats will really get you lookin suspicious, juss put them in a backpack, cuz i find it hard to run with messenger bags

I'm up in Scotland, so wearing a big duffel coat isn't that unusual, especially at this time of year. I was hoping I'd get some serious replies, so thanks to those of you that have bothered.

As for the rest of you, well, I did my part - I researched as best I could and I had the guts to post a topic asking about the idea. It doesn't exactly take much in the way of courage or effort to post a hateful reply.

After all, if it appears in a prominent game, perhaps it's based on a real harness? That's what I'm trying to find out. I don't just want a harness because I think it'd look dope, it might look pretty stupid, but it might be a useful way of carrying stuff.

You guys have got the knowledge, right? So enlighten me. Has it been tried?

Now a dumb question would be "can u spray murals an shit like all in 1 go just like in da game?!?!?!?!"

I'm not that fucking toy.

Guess this ain't a place where anyone really wants to help, all you want to do is bitch and whine whenever someone asks something that ain't been asked before.

Maybe I should look up which questions get asked all the time and post them constantly? Would you prefer that.

I guess after over eleven thousand posts you get a bit bored of seeing anything new. Eleven thousand, jeez, how does that reflect on you..

we can't help the helpless

If you can't help, why are you posting in a forum marked Graff tips, techniques, and advice.?

If you have no help or advice to contribute, why post? To boost your already prodigious postcount? Or to just boost your ego by hating on people who want to learn?

Evidently you couldn't tell that he was being sarcastic too.

As for "buttbuddies", is that really the best you can do?

The way I see it, around here, they're going to be looking for someone carrying a shopping bag of paint or a backpack, if I'm not carrying anything, it's less suspicious?

Also, you make out like I'm obsessed with some game, just because I happen to take ONE concept from it that I think hold merit and ask whether it's feasible. It's not like I've played a Tony Hawk's skate game and asked "can u rely do a triple kick-flip-mctwist-900?!?" or some stupid shit like that.

What is it with all the hate? Not get enough attention offline?

As I mentioned in one of the post here, when I'd discussed it a bit, I wouldn't wear a hoody (hell, in many places in the UK it's virtually illegal to do so!), I'd wear a duffel coat or similar.

If you're out at 3am in this part of the world, it's godsdamned cold, so to be wearing a bulky coat with layers underneath is pretty normal.

However, you raise a valid point about dropping it. I'm just wondering whether I'd realistically drop a bag if I had one. It'd probably be easy to run with a harness on if it was well made.

I'm thinking though that a harness would possibly be a good way to avoid having to run unless you were actually caught red-handed. What do you reckon?