what are you reading?

yukier

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fucking almost read house of leaves all the time.

i start, but theres so much fucking information its retarded. im planning on going through the entire book but only reading what the narrator has to say, then going back through and reading the novel part. then if that sheds any light at all i'll read it all together. if it doesnt im just going to say fuck that book, its over my head somehow and move on.

ok, so this is where all the pseudo-intellectuals impress the rest of their kind, right?

fuck it, if you're genuinely reading a book of intellectual merit, i don't care who you are. think about how many idiots there are in america, and how none of them even read. yeaaaaah.

pseudo intellectuals don't even read books anyway, they read clifnotes on the internet.

books i'm reading... too fucking many. zen in the art of archery. bhagvad gita. bohemian manifesto. the mystery religions by s. angus. zen mind, beginners mind. whatever, i'm in a rut, atleast i'm reading. charles bukowski books, anything by hemingway, poetry of TS eliot or john donne, anything from ancient greece... i'm into it all.

by the way, atheism as fart as i'm concerned is a reaction, atleast in america, to mainstream christianity. wake up, you have 4 other world religions besides that, and about 7536735 other religions. study shamanism, mysticism, philosophy, ancient cultures, spinoza, mystery cults, astral traveling, kabbalism, meditation, entheogens (shrooms, peyote etc. by traditional cultures, not american stoners) etc., i hate to break it to you but there's something greater out there. it's definitely not the fundamentalist christian personal god that answers every prayer of yours, but whatever; there's still a greater reality. atheism as far as i'm concerned is a reaction against the West and the shitty ideals we've tried to uphold.

enough argument; if you're smart enough to actually pick up a nonfiction book and read it, i have respect for you.

peace.

p.s. i'm trashed. fyi