RICH WRITERS

MOE-LESTER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been there and having done that first hand in varying capacities over the past two decades, I know that graffiti as an art form tends to be a middle class phenomenon. What makes you (or breaks you) is dedication and talent....not everyone has those qualities going for them, and those that know can recognize the difference.

I got plenty of money. I was racking and painting illegally. The down/upside to money is it helps give you perspective. I'm in school and I'm not taking chances til I settle in. If your parents have money or not, chances are they don't want to spend five hundred or more dollars on rusto every month, especially after a few charges, so you steal it(tell me to get a job with eighteen credit hours, I dare you). Graffiti is graffiti, if you take it seriously you do what you gotta do, but you do it smart in order to keep doing it with minimal money spent on court, and minimal sacrifices made. I don't act like a ghetto kid or a rich kid, I just try to blend in. I've met people on both sides of that spectrum and they all piss me off. Make sacrifices on whatever ends you have to and don't judge people, do your shit and worry about that only.

and fuck rich kids that go around acting like they are above the law and hide behind their parents without remorse when shit hits the fan. I feel bad for my folks, but it doesn't stop me from finding the right balance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...