RICH WRITERS

MOE-LESTER

Being in art school doesn't mean you're going to be a good artist, graff or otherwise. It doesn't mean you won't be either, though. Skill really comes on an individual basis.

One thing that art school can do for you though, is to teach you tons of things about drawing, painting, and colors which are all very applicable to graff, and could make you a hell of a lot better.

Plus there's shitloads of art school students who don't have rich parents paying their tuition. They do work study, or take out loans which they have to spend the next 6 or 8 years of their life paying off.

Not taking a side here, just saying: Don't diss a writer just because he goes to art school. There are plenty of cocky little art bitches just riding the trend, but there are some genuine talents who put in tons of work as well. Nothing is just black and white like that.

Anyway, thats my two cents.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its definetally better of if your a writer with money, you can pay for your paint and not risk getting arrested for shoplifting and then if you ever get caught painting you hire the most expencive lawyer in your city to represent you, not some shitty lawyer that the city assigns to you.

when scientists discover a meaningful correlation between one's wealth and the quality of ones graffiti then i will give a shit

but until then its just peoples peice of shit opinions

and we all know the richest wanna-bes put on a really good front of how hard and grimey they are but when shit gets real they scamper off back to their pamper lives

and poor kids try to emulate the rich in fashion, and activities

at the end it means nothing hense this thread is stupid, just people arguing in a circle

frate raper said it best on page 1

0bf88c87.jpg

i didn't go through the whole thread because it didn't seem that worth it... but my two cents does. forgive me if this has been stated already...

kids of privilege have a pretty good upper hand in any hobby/activity they seriously pursue.

they have trust funds, mommy and daddy bought their cars, pay for half or all of their apartment, toss them a couple hundred a week or so while they work at some boutique trendy retail store (just for fun) till college is finished, they often go on vacations, they have cable tv and round the clock internet access to keep up with growing trends, shit... these kids know whats up. they get to buy all the hot colors and foreign paints, all the tips and gadgets and gizmo's. they get good/known/up/famous because they really don't have much else to do or worry about. and who's the law anyway? the parents know their kid is a liability. a kickass lawyer ain't nothin but a phone call away.

but whatever, if i grew up in that situation... why the fuck not? moms and pops are fucking retarded people with the green i need to be whatever the fuck i want. i wanna be a famous graffiti writer... skateboarder... artist... whatever - cha-ching.

thats why some of the best talent in most major cities is a nobody in other places because: dude came from the gutter, got hip to another avenue away from the gritty shit his habitat was throwing at him, paid serious dues and made a name... but fell off because shorty got knocked up, fool got tired of being broke and hungry and dedicated himself to a trade, or he got popped serving an undercover some yak, etc. etc. real life shit got in the way. shit happens.

there are the few exceptions who managed to get themselves the fuck out of their situations and make it from the ground up, and i tip the hat to those fine people... but yeah... rich kids get what they want, the poor get what they take... take that clout, take that shine, take that money. whatevs. thats the way the cookie crumbles.

go change the world or something.

I'm no "rich kid", but writing is rebellion, art, expression, creation, destruction...

Every man (or woman ;) ) has a right to these things, no?

I admit the middle classes get given everything, and graffiti is mainly a working class artform, but respect to anyone who has a positive and humble attitude to writing, be they rich, poor, male, female, young, old, rich poor, and race or religion.

We are all the same in the end.

DRP - Phear

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SHUT THE FUCK UP - - HUSTLIN ALL DAY MAKING THAT PAPER STAY. WE AINT TRYING TO BE BROKE FOOLS - WE TRYING TO STAY PAID. CAME FROM THE GUTTER NOW IF WE WANT SOME NEW SHOES WE GOT SOME NEW SHOES. I MUST SAY THIS THO I'VE BEEN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY PAINTING WITH RICH FAMOUS WRITERS AND POOR FAMOUS WRITERS , IT AINT THE MONEY THAT MAKES THE MAN ITS THE MAN THAT MAKES THE MONEY....

YEAH THIS THREAD SUCKS.

MORE FLIX LESS TALK

SHUT THE FUCK UP - - HUSTLIN ALL DAY MAKING THAT PAPER STAY. WE AINT TRYING TO BE BROKE FOOLS - WE TRYING TO STAY PAID. CAME FROM THE GUTTER NOW IF WE WANT SOME NEW SHOES WE GOT SOME NEW SHOES. I MUST SAY THIS THO I'VE BEEN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY PAINTING WITH RICH FAMOUS WRITERS AND POOR FAMOUS WRITERS , IT AINT THE MONEY THAT MAKES THE MAN ITS THE MAN THAT MAKES THE MONEY....

YEAH THIS THREAD SUCKS.

MORE FLIX LESS TALK

I agree with this.... Some of us work hard to get money and still got love for graff.. Its hard though when you got this in the garage........

1560173407_m.jpg

you sound like a mexican that hits up his neighborhood with sharpies.

you are a complete fucking lame...your a joke homie for real...why would you say that you racist fuck...i wish i could meet you and beat your punk ass up...i know mexicans that are probably about ten times better than you...and dont say some lame shit like "how could you know how good i am"...your a lame fucking toy..for one your toy because you said "that he sounds like a mexican"...how the fuck do you know what he sounds like lame?...and markers dont make the writer homie...theres cats that could do a better tag than you with a markalot than you could with your fucking otr....so shut up homie and get off your computer..you ignorant fuck

• 2 weeks later...
rich kids can buy 200 cans of MTN...and never work for the cash...i bust my ass for that cash..

seriously, how can you make broad assumptions like that?

do you think all rich parents just hand out hundreds and hundreds of dollars or pounds or euros like that?

sure, there are some that do BUT the majority dont.

my parents bought me up well, they taught me to work for what i want.

the amount fo money they have doesnt come into it in the slightest.

when the fuk have you ever seen a rich writer?

You mean cats that go to a fuckin private school?

I HATE those no talent fucks.

ok so going to a private school means you have no talent? how can you see someones wealth as they write? do you realize almost all your post have been pointless and contradicting? can you please just go somewhere else?

• 3 weeks later...