Chicago Graff

bufme1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

article why there isnt much graff here in chicago because these bastards buff f*&k daley

Chicago became the nation's leading city in fighting graffiti when, in 1993, it became the first large municipality in the United States to assume the financial responsibility for removing graffiti from privately owned property. This unprecedented governmental action, combined with tougher new laws and increased law enforcement, has revolutionized the effectiveness of anti-graffiti efforts in Chicago.

Prior to 1993, city government only was responsible for removing graffiti from public property: school buildings, viaducts, light poles, and so on. Removal of graffiti from privately owned property was left to the individual owners, many of whom were unable or unwilling to undertake this work due to the expense or from fear of retaliation from the vandals.

Chicago officials considered the possibility, as already was being tried in other municipal jurisdictions, of assessing fines against property owners who failed to remove graffiti within a specified period of time, but this strategy was rejected by Mayor Richard M. Daley because he believed it would only serve to punish the victims of such vandalism.

Instead, Mayor Daley made the decision to earmark about $4 million annually for a Graffiti Blasters program, which would remove graffiti at no cost to any property owners. The city purchased 27 soda machines from Schmidt Manufacturing Inc., of Fresno, Texas.

These devices work like sandblasters, but use ordinary food-grade baking soda under high water pressure to scrub painted graffiti from brick, stone, cement and other mineral surfaces. Experiments with these machines showed they caused no damage to building surfaces, while being faster and more environmentally safe than sandblasters or chemical solvents.

Since this program began in late April of 1993, more than 700,000 buildings have been cleaned of graffiti. The City has also hired 13 painters with paint vans to help in the battle. These crews usually work on the garages and any other painted surface they may come in contact with.

Graffiti Blasters gives property owners 5 days to let the city know if they want the graffiti off their property . a door hanger is left on the property and if after 5 days, there has been no response from the owner, the city has a legal right to remove the graffiti. Mayor Daley also established a 24-hour anti-graffiti hotline at 3-1-1 where callers may obtain any information on graffiti-removal efforts.

Among the most vocal proponents of Graffiti Blasters have been the owners or managers of Chicago's small businesses. These firms previously were vigorous in removing graffiti at their own expense because this vandalism otherwise would cause harm to their businesses by deterring customers; many companies spent thousands of dollars annually to repeatedly remove graffiti.

Being spared this expense as a result of Graffiti Blasters has prompted many owners/managers to contact City Hall with words of appreciation. Some have even suggested that such a service contributed to their decisions to remain in Chicago's corporate limits rather than relocating to suburban areas or beyond.

Another anti-graffiti program in Chicago is called Give Graffiti the Brush. This initiative offers city-purchased paint to any block club or other community agency willing to cover over graffiti on wood or other painted surfaces unsuited for the soda machines. Since its inception in 1990, more than 100,000 gallons of paint have been distributed by the City of Chicago through this program.

To report graffiti or request its removal, call the special 24-hour hotline at 3-1-1.

Re: codes

Originally posted by PROFESR

whats the code u have to put for ur flicks to show up... someone tell me and ill post some flicks....

just when you post a message in the window itll have abox that says 'IMG' click it and put the url the pic is at done and done or if you are too lazy put '[ IMG] [ /IMG]' and the url in between but dont space it liek idid the IMG from [ ahhhh im confusing now time to go happy thanksgiving

YO CHI-ILLA GRAFF HEADS

YO IT FUNNY CHICAGO GRAFF UE TO BE SO ILL NW ITS RALLY DEAD THE BUFF KILLS BIG TIME.... SOMETIMES SHIT DOESNT EVEN PIMP FO 6 HOURS ITS SO CRAZY OVER HERE I DUNNO... BUT YEAH ANY OF U CHICAGO HEADS CAN EMAIL ME IF U WANT MAYBE WE CAN GET UP ON SOME PAINTING OR SOMETHING.. ALSO CHICAGO HAS NO UNITY IN ITS GRAFF ITS ODD... BUT WHATEVER IT ME UP PEACE... FESROCKAVICH@AOL.COM

whoa. i never really looked at much chicago graf before till now. i prolli should have though, cause alot of the kats in kc are from chicago or came from or have been through. did i see CHEW somewhere in the midst of all those flicks? and i like how alot of the dudes rock the arrows. tis dope. bump for chi town

Guest oilcanloyd

holy shiiit!!! i had no idea chicago had so much dope shit going on !!!!!!i think ill have to come visit yer city some day soon and check it out more than i have been able to.very nice post .it sucks that its so hard to get over there but at the same time its a very good thing.at least you know that someone will have to be smart, and cautious, enough not to get pinched, and it very well may help the scene by "weeding out the thorns" so to speak.what i mean is...where i live, its very hard to bomb as well and not too many people will try because the police are in "VERY" high numbers and dont have much else to do but persue someone who isnt wise enough not to be seen. ;)

Archived