NECKFACE VANS

bdee652

I'm not missing the point, it's obvious it's supposed to be bad, but I still think he sucks and I would still call him a toy, and not necessarily in the graffiti sense. I just think his shit is corny and has no point, and again I grasp the concept that it isn't supposed to have a point or be "good". I can't see the logic of putting up idiotic and/or ironic garbage nor can I understand why people think he is something special.

As far as street artists go there are so many others who are better than neckface, past and present. It just makes me laugh to see a joker like him getting paid. I mean good for him, the joke is on everyone else. Like I said earlier, ignorance is bliss in the world of the pretentious and hip.

The point of Pollock throwing paint on a canvass was to experiment with the randomness of where the paint fell and the intensity in which it laid on a canvass based on his strokes. Don’t you think his works captured the moment in which he created them, just based on the aforementioned? I can't see any similarity to that compared to intentionally bad drawings/graffiti. Neckface is a “street artist”, Pollock was an Abstract Expressionist. Pollock pioneered a style of art, where neckface is successfully cashing in on one.

Kudos for the vampire.

And if I was coming off like a dick to you I apologize, I have an attitude problem and I don't play well with others sometimes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i see neckface as capturing a time in most people of this generation's life. the time of being 12 years old and drawing pictures of satan with the metallica logo on their schoolbooks. is it mindblowingly innovative? no. does it capture something that others have yet to touch on? i think so. is pictures of crazy 2 headed beasts ripping the heads off teenage girls funny? fuck yes

ABC, you're my man, but I still hate the shit out of him for my previously stated reasoning. Throw back to 12 year old Beavis and butthed mentality or not, I still just feel like his whole act is just an act to get over and once again, at this point in my life I just don't really find that or any aspect of what he does impressive to say the least. He is a part of that whole "purposefully naive" art guys and that shit was dated the second before they did it.

I can see where people younger than myself can like his work because of the context of it and the irony fashion that is still so rampant these days, but it doen't do anything for me.

Na' mean?

i revise my earlier statement. bottom line is while he's doing his shitty ass 'art/graff' everybody has an opinion, and a fairly heated opinion at that, while he's getting paid. not only is he getting paid, he's laughing his ass off that he's getting paid doing a hilariously shitty schtick. neckface sucks, knows he sucks and actively sucks as bad as possible. regardless of his 'skills', his formula is on point. who cares if only scenester douchebags think he's hip and all that. does neckface care?

this is a guy that calls himself fucking neckface. NECKFACE.

and really, subjective opinions of somebody else's skill or merit is moot.

ABC, you're my man, but I still hate the shit out of him for my previously stated reasoning. Throw back to 12 year old Beavis and butthed mentality or not, I still just feel like his whole act is just an act to get over and once again, at this point in my life I just don't really find that or any aspect of what he does impressive to say the least. He is a part of that whole "purposefully naive" art guys and that shit was dated the second before they did it.

I can see where people younger than myself can like his work because of the context of it and the irony fashion that is still so rampant these days, but it doen't do anything for me.

Na' mean?

i never said i liked his work. i wouldn't buy it, and it doesn't really make me feel anything when i look at it. he had a good idea, ran with it, and is now making bank off it. my only beef is that i didn't think of it first

• 2 weeks later...

while some worry about an extra drip fucking up their piece, neckface is out not giving a fuck about making beauty. destruction, comedy, terror, gore, fear, death, blood, rabies. neckface is ugly, and some punk ass actually got mad at me back in the day for saying: neckface is ugly

i don't think he realized neckface writes: neckface is ugly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...