rest in peace - TOWER RECORDS is out of business

Abracadabra

i remember when k-mart was going bankrupt....

cans of krylon reduced to like 75 cents!...........too bad when i got there every other writer in my city had gotten there before me.....fuck fluorescent krylon!

Man, that was the craziest bankruptcy EVER! They 'went broke' and then hired an outside accounting company to help them restructure. It was then that the 'outsiders' pointed out that they had billions in prime real estate that they owned outright so they were, in fact, WAY solid. So, like a week later all the sales were off and none of the stores closed...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mags usually have access to pics that the general public cant get, the fact that in a lot of cases the photos are submitted by the artists themselves means when mags are doing feature articles they have a lot more in-depth material..

Plus the interviews, and photo descriptions and cool niche advertisements makes for a great read.

R.I.P. for reals.

I bought LOTS of music from tower records in the early to mid 90's (late 90's I discovered a thing called mp3's)...and I bought lots of graffiti magazines too....also books for english classes in high school.

interesting fact:

The first tower records store opened in my home town (sacramento, ca)....and it was named after the historic tower theater...cause the first tower records (books/movies)...is across the street from the tower theater.....

tower.jpg

so i just watched a documentary about my city "back in the days"...they interviewed the ceo of tower records..the way it started was that next to the tower theater there was a drug store called tower drug store..they sold coca-cola and had a jukebox....so the teenagers would come in and buy soda and listen to the records...then when the records got old, the jukebox company would sell them to tower drug store for 3cents...and they would sell it to the kids for 10cents....they made some money doing this and bought half a dozen records to see if they could sell those...when they did...they just went into the record business...

The_More_You_Know.jpg