The 300 Superthread

Weapon X

Re: The trailer for 300 is up. Check it out.

it was true there were quite a few accounts of it the most well known being "The Persian Wars" by Herodotus. It wasn't actually 300 spartans, it was more like 300 Spartans and about 3000 greek soldiers. but in the end the greeks were sent home and the 300 fought the persians till they died one of them being King Leonidas(sp?).

It's based on the Battle of Thermopylae.

If this movie has a decent storyline/script, I will be pissed. If it's two hours of people kicking ass, it will be the best movie ever made. Talking and character development means less screen time for ass kicking.

This, Pan's Labyrinth, and Transformers are the movies I'm most looking forward to.

n the Battle of Thermopylae of 480 BC an alliance of Greek city-states fought the invading Persian army in the mountain pass, Thermopylae. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held back the enemy in one of the most famous last stands of history. A small force led by king Leonidas of Sparta blocked the only road through which the massive army of Xerxes I could pass. After several days of confrontation the Persians attacked but were defeated by heavy losses, disproportionate to those of the Greeks. This continued on the second day but on the third day of the battle a local resident named Ephialtes betrayed the Greeks, revealing a mountain path that led behind the Greek lines. With the rest of the army dismissed, King Leonidas stayed behind with his bodyguard of 300 Spartans and the 700 man Thespian army even though they knew it meant their deaths, to allow the rest of the army to escape.

thanks for the info yall

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i remember seeing a "making of" for 300 and thinking it looked so wack. the whole thing is filmed on a sound stage so the backgrounds and shit are all fake, there was no on location shooting and none of that gritty photoshopped look to it.

now with all the post production work that shit looks awesome. well done.

• 2 months later...

This looks like one of the most homoerotic pieces of cinema Ive ever seen. A bunch of yoked half naked dudes......which goes without saying I'm probably going to watch it but I'm going with my lady, a bottle of whiskey, and a lumberjack outfit.

You forgot all the whole naked wemens. I thought Brokeback Mountain looked homoerotic. It's fuckin Frank Miller.

300 = Sin City in sepia. Prepare yourself for every fratboy in america on a "Rager" shouting "This is Sparta" while crushing beer cans on his forehead. Nevertheless, I'm hella seeing it.

the colors in these trailers are ridiculous. but like mammero keep it to a minimum character development/plot and maximum carnage ass kicking and cool stuff to watch....i will be very happy with it. tryin to find a bootleg somewhere.

• 1 month later...