Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fermentor666

Massive Attack

Appreciation. I saw 'em live yesterday and it was a great show. Even though 3D is the only one still singing. They even brought out Elizabeth Frasier to do her vocals on "Teardrop" and a couple of others. And they played "Hymn of the Big Wheel" and "Unfinished Symphony". Crazy light show, too. See 'em if/while you can.

Before they went on they had this crazy, long thing where they did a red-ticker with all these facts about Boston, including the weather patterns, famous people, and population statistics. It was strange but funny when people cheered for Samuel Adams and booed Ben Affleck.

Massive_Attack-Mezzanine-front2.jpg

Guest spectr

I was going to go see them the other night out here but got distracted by alcoholic beverages i really wish i had gone to the show..

oh well i got my ticket for sts9 on halloween so its all good..

My ex-girl told me she had tickets to this "Jazz Show" the other night... And asked if I wanted to go. I thought she was on some new age Duke Ellington typea shit and I wasnt in the mood for that. Afterwards I asked her who performed and she said Massive Attack... DAMN!

I think Lilistcynical was trying to get me into these dudes, but I was too busy liking her to pay attention.

my girl loves these guys... i think craig armstrongs solo shit is WAY better though... its fucking AWESOME that liz frasier was there though.

Seen them live 3 times or so. They do a good perfomance although their music means nothing to me after mezzanine and its been a while since then. All in all, respect.

btw, its Unfinished Sympathy, not symphony

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Never heard of em, get on the soulseek and share the wealth

mezzanine was a great album, they fell off a bit with 100th story window, or whatever it was called.

Seen them live 3 times or so. They do a good perfomance although their music means nothing to me after mezzanine and its been a while since then. All in all, respect.

I've only listened to a couple of tracks off 100th Window, nothing I could get into but I'll probably try again now that my interest has been re-kindled. This tour was to support their Collected album and they only did a couple of tracks off 100th Window. Mostly Mezzanine tracks, and unfortunatly very little few tracks off of Protection. In fact, I think they might have only done 1 off of Protection. They didn't do "Protection", "Karmacoma", or "Spying Glass", which was disapointing for me. I can see not doing "Karmacoma" since only 3D was there, but they could have done "Protection" or "Spying Glass" since Horace Andy was there, too. Tricky was with them for Protection, too, btw.

yeah, the collected album is a pretty good compilation, spying glass is such a cool song...i wonder why its not included. Anyway, to add a little more, major props to whoever does that amazing photoshop work on their covers, shits so dope.

massive attack put on a great show.. however, the vocal's were a little drowned out by the rest of the band. i'm assuming this was because of the venue's acoustics. having two drummers playing live adds a lot of dynamic and creates an awesome sound. if i'm not mistaken, thievery coorporation had two drummers when i saw them on '03.

the lights/ticker screens were awesome. i've seen those kinds of lights at other shows (radiohead)-- they're so badass. they (the lighting people, i guess) incorporate those light columns, spotlights and fog to make some crazy effects.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now