NHL 06-07 Season

Ya'll handled us last night, some really nice goals in there. You got a good team when they all work together.

Max went down hard headfirst into the boards with someone, next thing you know he's in on another rush to the net (where he knocked the puck down with the high stick), then he doesn't come back. No word as of yet, it sucks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a serious derth of information about refs on-line. I was trying to look up the refs from last nights game because they did an awful job, despite the game having turned out in our favor. There seems to be alot of contradictory opinions among referees these days. Last night if you even raised the stick above your waist and you were not shooting you would get called for the hook. Then some dude runs Marty while he was trying to make a save, puck goes in, goal. That was a minor incedent, they haven't been calling that lately when a goal comes out of it, but then the third goal Cole runs the defenseman Paetch so he wouldn't get posession, puck squirts to next guy, now a two on one results, no call. It's like they were so worried about the hook, they forgot to call the most obvious of interference penalties. F'ing bullshit, but hey we still won and tied our franchise road win record, now up against ottawa, pitt, and ottawa again for the rest of the week, if we win them all, that's a new nhl record. Anyway, sorry 'bout smitty metronome, hope he gets back soon.

I turned off the rangers game last night, after seeing the devils go up 2-0 in the second. I was pissed.

I change the channel back and the rangers are winning by a goal in the last min. WTF. s

I cant say Im angry that they won, but I wouldnt not have expected that.

Tied for the top of their division. Woot.

Maybe those Pens will also end their slump against the Sabres Friday, that would make it three teams who have won against us after a loss, including Ottawa and Toronto. Last night Marty made some pretty unreal saves despite giving up three. Three times the Ottawa player celebrated what they thought was a goal, only to find the save made by Marty. We have been plagued recently by some major defensive lapses. I'm still glad Lindy is rolling his guys however, they just need to stop taking penalties, especially avoidable ones like delay of games, hooks, and then clear the puck when they do. How about those Flyers sending Giggy to the bench? I called that one in my head yesterday when I saw Forsberg coming back. Good to see they're getting back on the horse.

You can use back ups for alittle while, I would try and obtain another good goaltender if possible. You dont need one every night though, check out your limitations on how many starts you have to have, I know one of my leagues we have to have at least two starts per week for goalies, (as in any two). Right now I have brodeur, roloson as my primary starters and Auld, and Denis for my back ups. I play brodeur and roloson regularly on their oponents, and auld, denis when Im sure of a win. i usually do pretty good.

Goaltending is key to my fantasy leagues there are 4 of 8 points to be won just on goaltending, so if your lacking in the puck stopping department, your gonna sink fast.

I suggest picking up Auld from florida, he has played well for me and no one in my leagues even considered him. Under the radar, constantly helping, I think hes a good pickup.

Edit: Sorry if sounds layman, I wasnt sure how familiar you were with fantasy leagues.

Nah, that's what I need, I picked up Holmquist off waivers from TB, I think he's decent? Anyway, it doesn't go into effect until Monday. Auld is someone I am unfamiliar with except from name. Marty, Aebischer, and Holmquist, hopefully get me enough games, I'll go check out the scoring and starts, thanks.

Well, I guess I am trying to pick up Holmqvist, and if not him then Olie, good advice though, I am right there at the top after one.

Great game last night Marty was a human highlight reel once again, damn I wish they'd give him some more time. He gives up more rebounds than Miller, but relies on his brains to make some fantastic saves.

I dont think Marty makes any coach nervous. You know what to expect from him day in and day out.

Best part is that he doesnt rely on big pads or anything, just exceptional positioning and his athletic ability.

He played HUGE in the 90's (still does) when goaltenders were wearing outlandishly sized pads. He has always worn small pads and relied on his reflexes and ability to cut angles. Guy is clutch.

Fructoes, sounds like you got a good thing goin. They should pick up a good amount of games. I had marty in last night, i heard it was a good game.

I was in columbus on roadtrip status checking out OSU/Michigan.

Sad to say Marty is back on the bench, hopefully not for too long. I may need to go pick up a starter at some point to get my games in. There are just so many good back ups.

Last night was pretty close, they had alot of trouble with taking stupid penalties and not getting clears. Having Lydman and Tallinder hurt and playing the same penalty kill D over and over again is not a good formula for winning. Max had a goal with one second left in the first period, their coach must have let them have it (he looks pretty angry), because they came out firing after that.

Dude, your boy looked really nice tonight, we had to get really nice and lucky to score on him. Your guys have come a long way, I think if we played you last night things may have gone the other way. We really had a heartbreaker against Montreal Friday, Souray scored with a second left in OT after we dominated the entire 4on4 fourth.

Fantasy update: my boys killed it tonight, too bad my goalie situation sucks, I'm not getting the games, I seriously need to dump Biron, I should go see who's available and come back and let you help some new ones.

Another good game, it's called a sweep, but it's not as satisfying when the other team gets three points out of the deal.

If everything goes according to history Marty will get the start tonight. Play him if you haven't sent him down yet. I almost have the goalie thing solved for the moment.