No Limit Texas Hold 'Em Books

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
find people that know how to play poker and play with them. Don't play online 90% of people who play online don't know how to play poker..

wow im going to be nice here but you have to be joking....this is the exact reason to play online.. the object of poker is to win money, i much rather play against retards who dont know how to play.... its easy money

aslo weapon check out this site

http://www.pocketfives.com/

if you ask any successful poker player (thats started playing in the last 5 years) im sure 95% would say that the first thing they did was read every poker book they could get their hands on.. saying books wont help is just dumb, the authors of these books are good players who have made a shitload of money playing poker.. how could their advice not help.. you could read books that arent that great but 1 single paragraph can help your game more then u can imagine........ anyway maybe try "harrington on holdem" to start

Yeah. Doyle's the homie.

And yeah, books won't make you a better poker player.. but they can help you learn how to take a step back and look at your strategies from a different perspective.

Exactly, dude. I know that. That's why I like the Phil Gordon book. It's not instructional, but there is insight.

I play with a few "pros", so I know how to play. But I definitely want to change some shit up..

wow im going to be nice here but you have to be joking....this is the exact reason to play online.. the object of poker is to win money, i much rather play against retards who dont know how to play.... its easy money

aslo weapon check out this site

http://www.pocketfives.com/

i was saying for learning how to play better, yeah its nice to be able to win money of retards online, but you learn nothing about playing poker from retards. You can learn from playing with good players. you play with good players you have to become better to keep winning.

not true at all... if you go to poker stars or full tilt or one of these sites and you play sit n go tournaments you will become a better player..its all about practice, they have play money games where they give you so many free chips an hour and you can stack your fake money...it is true that there are a lot of bad players on these sites but most people know their stuff...the sit and go tourneys make you a lot better player if you play enough...it is pretty difficult to win even the small denomination tournments on most of the sites too..it sht ebest place to learn...you arent gonna learn by sitting down with a bunch of good players and get your money taken early and often..and you cant just read a bunch of books then expect to go shake down caesars...it just wont work...online helps you figure out which hands beat what and when to post blinds, check/fold, call/raise...the thing i dont like is when you sit down in an actual live tourney with a bunch of online players who wanna go all in every fucking hand...

With the speed of the game, plus the ability to take part in more than one game at a time, you can cram 3 year's worth of hands into a year's time with Online/Play Chip poker.

Of course, the fact that it's online and the money isn't worth anything robs you of the most valuable aspects of seeing thousands of hands.

It's still a good crash-course.

Play money doesn't teach you anything, unless you're a beginner.

Books certainly can help, though. I'm not one to be all into reading about odds and stuff, but picking a very good player's brain can be very educational.

Getting familiar with the 'odds and stuff' (aka 'the math') can be very helpful.

The trick is to learn it slowly, almost passively, so as not to confuse yourself with off-the-wall and irrelevant statistics. Once you're experienced with figuring out percentages and basic game theory, you have to learn how to apply it practically.

That last part is where guessing and 'luck' come in.

The trick is to learn it slowly, almost passively, so as not to confuse yourself with off-the-wall and irrelevant statistics. Once you're experienced with figuring out percentages and basic game theory, you have to learn how to apply it practically.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Those are the kinds of things I'd expect to learn slowly. I mean, I know what is a strong hand to re-raise on, depending on where I'm sitting, etc..

I just don't want to have to read any boring stats type stuff. An interesting, insightful read is what I'm looking for.

Mainter, I don't fuck with torrents, but if you ever get that server fixed, remember me!!

not true at all... if you go to poker stars or full tilt or one of these sites and you play sit n go tournaments you will become a better player..its all about practice, they have play money games where they give you so many free chips an hour and you can stack your fake money...it is true that there are a lot of bad players on these sites but most people know their stuff...the sit and go tourneys make you a lot better player if you play enough...it is pretty difficult to win even the small denomination tournments on most of the sites too..it sht ebest place to learn...you arent gonna learn by sitting down with a bunch of good players and get your money taken early and often..and you cant just read a bunch of books then expect to go shake down caesars...it just wont work...online helps you figure out which hands beat what and when to post blinds, check/fold, call/raise...the thing i dont like is when you sit down in an actual live tourney with a bunch of online players who wanna go all in every fucking hand...

full tilt sngs are sooooo soft........

learning what position to call and what what hands to call can vary in different books...the pros i think kinda screwed themselves for future tourneys when they wrote these books..now every idiot in the wsop is playing every hand like a hellmuth or a brunson its like playing themselves and they have to be that much better..

learning what position to call and what what hands to call can vary in different books...the pros i think kinda screwed themselves for future tourneys when they wrote these books..now every idiot in the wsop is playing every hand like a hellmuth or a brunson its like playing themselves and they have to be that much better..

exept brunson and phil are still winning wsop bracelets.......

dude phil beat over 750 people this year to win a bracelet... doyle won his 10th bracelet last year, and also a wpt event... phil is currently 4th in cardplayers player of the year rankings so id say trey are still doing very well.. and the main event is over 8000 people