The meaning of life thread: a tribute to all of us who think we will die young.

odd.pr0ject

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean the meaning of life is realitive to each individual? Or is there One big meaning that is pertinant to us all?

well, its kinda relative to each individual since its their belief like for example the story of creation in Christianity... If there is a one big meaning, it will be hard for other people to accept it, especially if it contradicts to the beliefs they stand on...

So you're saying in order to not be segregationalists, we should be gay?

Racism is wrong because race in everybody's head. It's not real. There is no scientific difference between any two "races." You may find things such as pigment to be more common among certain "races" but "black" is not exclusive to being African, and "White" is not exclusive to being caucasian.

Being GAY however, is something you do if you like majina and DDR is something you do if you think you might be gay, but you want to weight your options.

Racism is wrong because race in everybody's head. It's not real. There is no scientific difference between any two "races." You may find things such as pigment to be more common among certain "races" but "black" is not exclusive to being African, and "White" is not exclusive to being caucasian.

Racism is basicly a fear of the unknown which has developed into an irrational hatred towards someone different to yourself. I see this as an evolutionary throw back. It doesnt really have a place in modern society but it is clearly a defence mechanism used by tribes, clans, ethnic groups etc.

But this seriously has nothing to do with the meaning of life.

i have a question for all you philosophical types. If racism is wrong because you hate a certain type of people, then wouldnt being straight be just as biggoted as being a racist? (no homo, just an interesting question)

Not in the slightest, I am attracted to females, I have no inclination whatsoever to put my shlong anywhere near another man. This does not make me biggoted. If I was to be intolerant towards homosexuals then this would make me a bigot.

well, its kinda relative to each individual since its their belief like for example the story of creation in Christianity... If there is a one big meaning, it will be hard for other people to accept it, especially if it contradicts to the beliefs they stand on...

Although I am clearly an atheist, I am inclined to beleive there is either a meaning to life or there just plain isnt.

But to continue this discussion, do you think then that someone can activley choose their meaning to life, through the choice of a religon? Or do you think that the meaning of life is somehow imposed on us from a greater force?

Racism is basicly a fear of the unknown which has developed into an irrational hatred towards someone different to yourself. I see this as an evolutionary throw back. It doesnt really have a place in modern society but it is clearly a defence mechanism used by tribes, clans, ethnic groups etc.

But this seriously has nothing to do with the meaning of life.

i have a question for all you philosophical types. If racism is wrong because you hate a certain type of people, then wouldnt being straight be just as biggoted as being a racist? (no homo, just an interesting question)

Not in the slightest, I am attracted to females, I have no inclination whatsoever to put my shlong anywhere near another man. This does not make me biggoted. If I was to be intolerant towards homosexuals then this would make me a bigot.

Although I am clearly an atheist, I am inclined to beleive there is either a meaning to life or there just plain isnt.

But to continue this discussion, do you think then that someone can activley choose their meaning to life, through the choice of a religon? Or do you think that the meaning of life is somehow imposed on us from a greater force?

For an individual who's devoted in his/her religion, its imposed to them to believe in that. Its a dogma. If a person realized at some point that what he believes in contradicts to the dogma, he or she will step out of that religion and seeks something that will click to what he or she believes in. That greater force is the answer is what he or she is looking for, whether it is a religion, intellectual schools, or just found that true religious heart and feeling without a religion...

For an individual who's devoted in his/her religion, its imposed to them to believe in that. Its a dogma. If a person realized at some point that what he believes in contradicts to the dogma, he or she will step out of that religion and seeks something that will click to what he or she believes in. That greater force is the answer is what he or she is looking for, whether it is a religion, intellectual schools, or just found that true religious heart and feeling without a religion...

You guys should realize that english is NOT this girls first language, and she writes and potrays her thoughts better than 98% of you.