The meaning of life thread: a tribute to all of us who think we will die young.

odd.pr0ject

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the thing, we are alot closer than most people think to actually having the ability to live forever. Anytime we have a bad organ, we could just replace it. I don't think people realize that it's not really all that far off. Especially with stem cells and all that nonesense...

What do you think living forever will do for the meaning of life?

Humans will never live for ever. We may extend the average life slightly longer in the short term, this civalisations current enviromental practices are completly unsustainable. The average lifespan will clearly decrease medium to long term due to a dip in energy and available technology.

Thanks and goodnight.

^^^

Because that's how dig yourself into grave of fecal matter. Martyrs live each day like it's their last and leave it to the living to rebuild the shit they destroyed.

...unless you're speaking from a juvenile point of view, where you're chickenshit to go to college or talk to girls, then sure.

I am not saying live without caring you live a good life being nice to people trying not to offend however still doing whatever catches your interests.I try not to miss any opportunity that comes my was I often find myself in awkward situations and stuff like that because of it however I look at it as an adventure.

how does college even come into play here?

Humans will never live for ever. We may extend the average life slightly longer in the short term, this civalisations current enviromental practices are completly unsustainable. The average lifespan will clearly decrease medium to long term due to a dip in energy and available technology.

Thanks and goodnight.

Also just to add to this:

Even if we did end up living rediculously long lives due to replacing organs and such as they age and reduce in capability.Who do you think it would be doing this? Do you how much it would cost for surgeons to replace your heart? I seriously doubt you or anyone you know could afford this kind of surgery enough times to live to 200 (for example).

People get all silly when they talk about the future 'Yo in the future we will all be living in space stations and be so smart we can levitate' haha

Get a grip.

Humans have some ingrained idea that we are invincible, this is clearly not the case. We will be the sentiant being on earth for x amount years, this is a finite number. And in relation to known life on this planet, hardly a dot on the map.

I was making a point about the future. Not right now. Read the science papers. I do, and there are people who can afford it. Just like there is people that have already paid for a spot on the Virgin Galactic flights. There is already people trying to build stations in space for civilians. There is already a 3 person "hotel" right now waiting for the technology to catch up with it...

But whatever. You got your point.

I said we weren't to far off, which to me has nothing to do with mine or your lifetime. 50 years, 100 years... 200. None of that is far off.