damn it feels good to be a gangsta

dik.n.ur.ear

i have to admit, just the other day i got nervous because i see people doing my aesthetic soo much. im glad to see that people are of a similar persuasion, but i almost panic at the thought of losing my personal trademark style and having it becomethe next trend.

oh well. fuck it. time to step to the lab and mix some chemicals up.

by the way i would like to have seen this pick that people are dissing or calling a biter. email it to me scallawag.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

i have to admit, just the other day i got nervous because i see people doing my aesthetic soo much. im glad to see that people are of a similar persuasion, but i almost panic at the thought of losing my personal trademark style and having it becomethe next trend.

oh well. fuck it. time to step to the lab and mix some chemicals up.

i may have dealt with simalarly mixed emotions in the past. the fact is that the peeple that paint the most know who was doing what and when. most writers love accusing other writers of biting other writers. nam sayin? they also love to go to the dude thats getting bit, and be like 'yo this fools bitin your shit, you gonna regulate or what?!?!?'...'cmon man! shoot that fool!' its like our own selfish system of checks and balences. as long as peeple know who the followers are, your strait, and their followers. you want to hate chompers at first, but then you get even bigger headed, and it becomes kindof flatering or whatever, everyones doin your 'aesthetic', or like you said, their of a 'similar persuasion' and all that. (so what, your a trend setter, who cares) look at revok, 2000 kids bite his shit, so who's gonna notice the 2001st kid that decides to go that route? nobody, cuz that shits a trend, the more the merrier. now look what revok's doing though, his style is untouchable these days, and will be for the next thousand years. really the best solution is to go to the 'lab' and push your style further. believe me, if you see people doing your 'aesthetic soo much' now, wait till spring rolls around mr. trendy. anyways im sure the 'lab' results will be positive.

in related news:

:o we should also concider the words of our elders.

Joker in regards to style progression: "most writers find their groove and then just sit in it and waste away. as if they've found what pleases everyone and stopped developing because of it. this is what i find sad. what's even more sad is that most writers are carbon copies of others from the same generation. i think thats one of the main problems surrounding the progression of style and state. that writers are looking to other writers for inspiration. instead of looking to themselves and what surrounds them. these same writers are also the first to talk shit about originality."

Joker on style: "style is a sore subject for a lot of us. it's the basis of our goal as a toy. to become comfortable in our own style. its difficult to have your own style though. with so many writters world wide... originality is an amazing feat. in my opinion. looking outside of writing for inspiration is a good resource. unless you want to keep it pure. and buy pure i mean writers like grey or cantwo. who keep with the connections and shapes of years past. keeping it pure is not copying what revok is doing. he's an amazing writer on his own...he doesn't need any help."

Saul Goode on the goods: "i done seen sat do something like you speak off in 91 or so. He used like 5 a's in place of his 'a'. do yourself a favor flavor, and don't claim to be the first at anything. there's just too much history ready to snuff you at every boast."

Joker on those with 'more power to em': "not everyone is in this for your viewing pleasure. not everyone cares what so and so thinks about their style. some writers do it for the pure enjoyment of getting up and/or getting over. take sire for example the kid has very little style under his belt, but he has more heart about what he's doing than a lot of writers i meet. some dont give a fuck about zines and pretty shit. more power to em. and maybe its just their style to do the same shit over and over again... or the same blasted style once more. who cares! howmuch fun did you have, and will you do it again? these are the things that should be worrying you."

alright sixteen:i know you put in plenty of work, but just what style trend did you start???you're doing pretty standard graffiti that's been done for decades.the thing that pisses me off the most about the scene is how one writer does a certain style to a large extend continuously to where people refer to that person as the originator of that style.

the other thingis. .people do simple shit on trains, that's just the way it is.

if you have ever seen vegan paint anything at all, then you would recognize his skill and that his choice to do this style or that style is just that. . .a choice. he's a fucking captain for real. if he wants to do simple shit on frieghts more fucking power to him. and if you think his simple shit looks like some one else's that's your beef not his. try to rock a wall next to him and see how your shit compares.

bottom line, lay off scurvy fucks. this boat has got plenty of room so your petty shit isn't going to get you a better cabin or get him kicked out of his. the more shit you talk the more time you'll spend swabbing your own decks cause that shit lands closer to the talker than any one else. 10 counts of mutiny. . .

Guest emit_df
Originally posted by HAMMERFALL

damn emit,youre getting a little cocky arent ya?

Seriously..just leave the flicks up..........if everty time someone talked shit to me I took down my photos.........or just got all pissed in general...... I would have quit graff in 1991. THE POINT WAS DON'T LET THE PUNK ASSES GET YOU DOWN, JUST POST WANT YOU WANT AND DEAL WITH IT IF SOMEONE TALKS SMACK..IT'S GRAFF, IT'S ALWAYS GONNA HAPPEN...giving in is like admitting your a chump......don't do it.

Guest emit_df
Originally posted by scallawag

by erasing the flicks, i am ERASING THE FLICKS jerk...nothing more nothing less.

I guess I'm a jerk.......... just don't the other jerks get you down.and make you take down your flicks........

alright, i heard about the thread. i heard the flicks were sick. but i was too lazy to get online. the next morning, this shit was erased... i would like to see them like everyone else. i have seen scallawags blackbook on several occasions, and know he does so much with his letters. i have seen him progress hardcore over the past year. he and many other texas writers influence, and more importantly, inspire me to paint. quit talking shit, and enjoy it.

Originally posted by >>>spot<<<

alright sixteen:i know you put in plenty of work, but just what style trend did you start???you're doing pretty standard graffiti that's been done for decades.the thing that pisses me off the most about the scene is how one writer does a certain style to a large extend continuously to where people refer to that person as the originator of that style.

Oh boo-hoo, you are pissed because i claim to have popularized an aesthetic?

maybe i am doing graffiti that was done decades ago. maybe i am popularizing retro graffiti. i didnt claim to start any styles. but when i sample my more obscure vintage influences into a modern product, and other people instantly abandon thier previous theme and come out with the same product as me shortly after. to me, that is INFLUENCE you punk who cares anyways ill claim what i want because you aint stopping me.

so would you please come back some other time when you have a point.

HOW ABOUT WE POST THE FUCKING PIKS ALREADY SHIIIIIIIT

fuck, i always barely miss the good piks.

scallywag im from your city, and tha writers you were gonna post i know for a fact are dope, and i dont get to catch everything yall do where yall do it, so i would appreciate if you made another post with the original piks you had...

fuck them haters... you know tha deal.

ibteaser<~

Originally posted by sixteenvandals

Oh boo-hoo, you are pissed because i claim to have popularized an aesthetic?

maybe i am doing graffiti that was done decades ago. maybe i am popularizing retro graffiti. i didnt claim to start any styles. but when i sample my more obscure vintage influences into a modern product, and other people instantly abandon thier previous theme and come out with the same product as me shortly after. to me, that is INFLUENCE you punk who cares anyways ill claim what i want because you aint stopping me.

so would you please come back some other time when you have a point.

i'm not poissed at all.i care less.i just don't think YOU have popularized that style.people have been doing that old school style in europe for a long time.and with more and more euro publications people all over will get exposed to it.who cares who "popularized" it anyway if you haven't invented it.

i listen to abba.

Originally posted by >>>spot<<<

i'm not poissed at all.i care less.i just don't think YOU have popularized that style.people have been doing that old school style in europe for a long time.and with more and more euro publications people all over will get exposed to it.who cares who "popularized" it anyway if you haven't invented it.

i listen to abba.

why dont you read again what i said before, maybe this time you will UNDERSTAND it. If you read what i said you wouldn't still be debating with me.

so go ahead and stop blabbering.

• 4 years later...

Archived