Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abracadabra

ok, so you all know i think banksy is a dickhead....

I dislike banksy work alot. His work is unoriginal and unimpressive. He played the graf+politics game, you make politics your main theme your going to get attention.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Giant in san fran or Obey Giant? obey giant was always more mainstream than banksy.

I mean GIANT, not obey. Mike Giant, Giant one, Skulls Press, Rebel 8. I cant care less about Obey, and find myself goin nuts over everything Giant does these days. First time he produced a silk screen shirt in color i went ape shit and bought it. I was lookin at bicycle jerseys and Giant One had a few on rack at a regular old bike shop. Looks like he hooked up with Cannondale and produced an actual, and very sick looking jersey. To me he just seems underhyped and still going popular with everybody, and I mean everybody. Why isn't anyone mad about that, or even noticing?

Or at least that's the way it seems to me.

couple flicks i took:

244703284_c6eff7825b.jpg

"TWENTY BILLION PEOPLE LIVE BELOW THE POVERTY LINE."

That's right, Banksy knows better than anyone, all of the living eight, and twelve billion more invisible people all live under the poverty line.

TWENTY[/color] BILLION PEOPLE LIVE BELOW THE POVERTY LINE."

That's right, Banksy knows better than anyone, all of the living eight, and twelve billion more invisible people all live under the poverty line.

hahahahahahahha!!!!

LOL not even eight, it's like 6.5 billion.

I like Banksy.

But then again, I like almost everything, so that really doesn't mean much.

Co-Signed.

Interesting points on your views. I enjoyed the Fuct Obey comparisons...

this is exactly what i'm talking about. if you're going to try and say something worthwhile on a certain issue, please at least try to learn the basics about said issue.

this kid abc is the BIGGEST hater I have ever seen. you actually made a thread about how much of a hater you are. and all you other guys are hating banksy because hes influential? are you for real? hes a press whore? because he does things that are press worthy? Personally I'm not a fan of most of the dudes work but I do respect people who make some noise. what are you kids doing? sitting on the internet complaining about someone else success

do you think this could be sarcastic? hmmmmm...

he put put paintings in art galleries to see who would believe those were real paintings. possibly he put"facts" up to see who thought they;re real and vise versa.

and ABC, was you coming to LA in anyway based around this show??

orly?

The dot point above used a decimal, did you not stop to think another decimal point may have been used and its not clear in this photo.

ACAB; I think you make some good points, but in regards to the 'Smash the system' example.. Man that slogan has been used by Punks, Skaters, Writers etc for easily as long as I have been alive. I dont think this is the most convincing part of your argument.

No, ABC has a point. To a point. (I'm gonna get all artfag up in here for a minute...yeah, I can do it. Just watch.)

I think TWIST is probably one of the more influential (read: copied) artists of our genre. But, having met the man, I can safely say that it doesn't bother him...if anything, it probably amuses him, because he knows that everybody else can look at something that is "derivative" of his work and know EXACTLY who's being referenced.

Not only that, but I know several writers that got off to a really good start thanks to his advice. He simply gave them some pointers, and they took it from there. I wasn't one of them, but if you grew up in SF in the 90's, it was hard NOT to be influenced by crews like THR.

BUT.........

I think Banksy should stick to stencils,because every time he does something like graffiti, I feel embarrassed for him....he's just not very good at it, and when he (BIG QUOTATIONS) "references" a work that has been heavily publicized by one of

the most heavily publicized artists in graffiti...let's just say that getting solo shows on the backs of people who AREN'T playing games with mass culture and have actually paid their dues is not going to get him very far.

Actually, as a result of the above photos, I have offically quit writing graffiti as of tonight, and for the next hour will be busy filling up LENS' trunk with all my supplies, sketchbooks, paintings, and artbooks because I am offically disgusted with "street art" and have decided to take up performance art.

FUCK YOU, BANKSY. EVEN THOUGH I'M A QUITTER, I'M STILL BETTER THAN YOU, AND I NEVER HAD TO RIP ANYBODY OFF TO GET THERE.

it's obvious he was purposely throwing a false statistic out there... a lot of his stuff is tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic

The dot point above used a decimal, did you not stop to think another decimal point may have been used and its not clear in this photo.

ACAB; I think you make some good points, but in regards to the 'Smash the system' example.. Man that slogan has been used by Punks, Skaters, Writers etc for easily as long as I have been alive. I dont think this is the most convincing part of your argument.

there's no dot point in the 20 - there's not enough room between the numbers.

i'm not trying to say twist invented it. i wasn't born yesterday. it just sparked my interest due to how recently twist was using those elements as part of his own shows, that's all. the broken down van and the smash the system (and in drippy orange paint, as well) in the same show? if it was one or the other i probably wouldn't have thought twice, but those two things i thought, were a bit much to ignore

it's obvious he was purposely throwing a false statistic out there... a lot of his stuff is tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic

No, his little tongue and cheek part is saved for his punchline "Anyone want a glass of wine?" You've gotta build up for that bit if you expect a chuckle, so you don't want to spill any tongue and cheek elsewhere beforehand. Don't get me wrong either, I don't hate on other artists. As many artists are doing stupid shit, stealing the lime light, (and I'm sure none of you kids have seen my shit) I still get mine. Stupidity, yeah, I'll point that shit out like it's the forecoming of the apocalypse.

The dude's an idiot savant. Anyone could've told you that before this.