Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abracadabra

ok, so you all know i think banksy is a dickhead....

....and some of you agreed, some disagreed. after coming across picutres from banksy's latest show in LA, however, i think a few more may agree with me.

now he's got all his usual "clever" junk that makes people swoon...

DSC07343.jpg

"oh look, it's hunter gatherers hunter gathering some shopping carts! what an intersting social comment on....well, i dunno, but it's, like, pretty obvious he's having a stab at consumer culture...or something"

DSC07347.jpg

"man, he's so political. this one, i imagine, is trying to say something about the war being bad, and stuff. or at least i think it does."

so yeah, yawn.

but then i saw this

DSC07447.jpg

and thought to myself, i wonder where i've seen this before now? being that he's done the live animal thing before (always a good attention grabber, always good for a bit of publicity) i don't doubt that he probably came up with the idea before vh1 was airing these advertisements, but still, to go ahead with the idea despite this fact, i thought, was kinda dumb.

so, moving along

then i saw this

DSC07327.jpg

and immediately thought....coincidence?

McGee031.jpg

yeah, probably....or

DSC07365.jpg

probably not

twist3arco06.jpg

is this never-was graffiti hack trying to take a jab at everyone's favorite handstyle master and san francisco street smasher barry "twist" mcgee? i'd hope not, because ol bazza's got more talent in his little finger than you have in your whole body, you exacto-knife swinging ponce

well, maybe i am. that's why i'm posting here. i'm biased on the matter, but i'd like to think i'm not the only one that sees it

well aimed criticism there!

thought some of his stuff was good before but nowadays he's just a press whore!

and how he has inspired a generation of art student bod stenciling should never be forgiven.

I'm on both sides of the fence. He does what he do and does it good. But yes the fact that he was the one that started all these Art School "Rebels" to do stencils and shit, unforgivable...

Wasn't he smashing on some dudes girl on this site?

^Yeah, good call Schnitzel. Banksy is now one of the first names I hear out of the mouth of a um... non-writer who is interested in um... street art. It's annoying.

I can't stand stencil on canvas. The Israelian wall or whatever he did a while back definitely caught my attention though. And the remake of the Paris Hilton CD I found funny.

Um, 50/50. Could care less.

put it like this. most art shows are kinda boring to me. but out of all the "boring" art shows i've been to, the banksy show was the least boring. the end.

his shit is good, but yeah, you're right, those little socio/political commentary don't actually SAY anything specific. Maybe they aren't intended to, but I like much of the other things he does.

put it like this. most art shows are kinda boring to me. but out of all the "boring" art shows i've been to, the banksy show was the least boring. the end.

go see a ron mueck show. definately not boring

ron_mueck_kid_1.jpg

ron-mueck.jpg

twoWomen.jpg

hyper realistic and absolutely astounding

He can paint the Great Wall of China, top to bottom, back to back, and I still rather look at a Twist hand.

Mad boring and predictable. He's dissing shopping carts, mad rebellious yo.

I dont like you.

Thats how it is and thats how youre gonna take it

Cornbread broke into the Philadelphia zoo and tagged an elephant back in the 60's or 70's.

Cornbread broke into the Philadelphia zoo and tagged an elephant back in the 60's or 70's.

YOU GON' EATCHYO CORNBREAD?

CoRnBrEaD.gif

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now