Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAR

You thought we wouldnt notice.

Wow....awesome site...shows you how far people will go to bite an idea or concept....

a friend of mine painted a lion's head at some wall in the bay next to his piece........2 months later...someone flicked it and used it to put onto a flier for some hip hop function...didn't even give him credit for it.....wack!

This guy bought this sketch off me about 2 years ago, and just the other day i saw it on his myspace page, he tried to make it like he did the sketch. Didnt bother me, i got $50 for a sketch that was worth about $3 he can do what he wants with it.

This is a huge issue among creatives in advertising. To the point where it just fucking annoys the hell out of me.

The Armani one is a bullshit comparison, flowy purple dresses isn't exactly an idea or style anybody can appropiate.

This is a huge issue among creatives in advertising. To the point where it just fucking annoys the hell out of me.

The Armani one is a bullshit comparison, flowy purple dresses isn't exactly an idea or style anybody can appropiate.

are you in advertising, or just commenting on it?

theres alot of things that were "inspired by" on that site.. and a few things that are straigh up bitin.. over all the site blows.

Some of those are really reaching. Some, yeah... I guess.

I dunno, I thought it was pretty obvious that 80% of all people, as well as the ideas, involved in marketing are as cheap, shallow and disposable as the products they try to shove down people's throats.

Not to sound like 'that guy', but let's be realistic: if marketing is determined by demographic research (and it is)- and demographic research is basically just trying to figure out what people like- it's not as though what they're doing is inherently genuine or full of 'artistic' merit.

They're trying to get you to buy their fucking handbag, eat their apple or drive their horse and buggy mechanism: the sale is what matters. Not the integrity behind the symbols chosen to appeal to the potential buyer.

That was long-winded and gay.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now