bounty hunted down

isor357

I seen this shit on the news at like 3. It was CNN. If this is already

a thread than my bad. I couldnt find one so i dropped one.

Dog Bounty Hunter. I think the guy sucks.... i

cant watch more than 4 minutes of his show but he got

arrested by federal marshals this morning. As far as i could

tell the shot was called by the Mexican govt. Dog served someone

up in Mexico and the govt flipped it into a kidnapping charge. He is

being extradited to Mexico to face kidnapping charges. I would post

a link but its not that serious. Im sure its all over the web

the sweet sweet irony. i personally doubt this shit will stick

but dude is a snitch. Always raining on someone elses parade.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

woof woof woof woof

newpics264.jpg

Dog' freed on bail, says he'll be cleared

By Ken Kobayashi and Curtis Lum

Advertiser Staff Writers

TV reality star Duane "Dog" Chapman leaves the Federal Building in Honolulu with his wife, Beth, yelling at him to "shut up." Chapman thanked his fans and said he was happy to be free.

REBECCA BREYER | The Honolulu Advertiser

spacer spacer

FPI609160338AR_b.jpg

Duane "Dog" Chapman, released on bail and still wearing the blue garb of the federal jail, assured his fans last night that he would be cleared of all charges.

His personal security guards rushed him through a crowd of supporters and reporters as he left the Federal Building and entered a sport utility vehicle. On the way, Chapman thanked his fans and said he was happy to be free, while his wife, Beth, kept shouting at him to "shut up."

"We're glad for our support," Duane Chapman said. "We're glad for everything. Everyone loves us, thank you very much. If it wasn't for the people that love us, we don't know what would have happened.

"We love America. The federal marshals treated us with great respect. But let me tell you, you never want to go to a federal prison because it's terrible."

When asked if he will be vindicated of the charges, he said, "Absolutely, brah. Absolutely."

He still faces extradition proceedings to determine whether he should be sent to Mexico to face charges there.

The charges of illegal detention relate to his capture three years ago of fugitive and convicted rapist Andrew Luster in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The charges carry potential sentences ranging from six months to four years, lawyers said.

The extradition proceedings could spill over into next year.

The magistrate judge who released him on bail also ordered him to wear an electronic bracelet so he can be monitored by federal officials.

AWAITING THEIR HERO

Outside the courthouse, dozens of supporters wearing "Dog the Bounty Hunter" T-shirts and waving signs that read "Let our hero go" and "In Dog we trust" had waited to get a glimpse of their hero.

Floyd and Susan Harris of Casa Grande, Ariz., took a break from their Hawai'i vacation to show their support. The couple had earlier gone to Chapman's Da Kine Bail Bonds office to see if they could meet him, only to find out that he was in federal custody.

Susan Harris said she especially wanted to see Beth Chapman. And with the flamboyant Beth shouting at her husband, his attorney and the media, Harris got more than she bargained for.

"She's as straight up as I thought she was on TV," Harris said. "She stands by her man, and she's trying to protect him, and I appreciate that as a woman."

Frank and Denise Duarte of Mesa, Ariz., also are faithful fans of Chapman's TV show and said they admired him. They spent the final hours of their weeklong vacation yesterday waiting to see Chapman.

"We've done everything else. We did Pearl Harbor, we did the Polynesian Cultural Center and we did the beach," said Denise Duarte. "We probably were going to kick it at the beach today and then this came up, so we're here. This is more important than the beach."

Chapman declined to comment on the charges and the Mexican government's attempt to bring him back for prosecution.

"I can't say nothing about Mexico because I want to respect everybody," he said.

Despite strong objections by the U.S. Attorney's Office, U.S. Magistrate Judge Barry Kurren ordered Chapman's release on $300,000 bail, which Chapman can post later in cash or with a bond.

The release on bail of suspects awaiting extradition proceedings is considered rare because they are presumed to be flight risks since they are accused of fleeing a country to avoid prosecution.

But Kurren found that Chapman has so many ties here, he wouldn't flee.

"Just look at him," Kurren said, referring to the long-haired star of the popular A&E reality show, "Dog the Bounty Hunter." "There's no way he can elude capture if he attempts to flee."

Kurren also ordered Chapman to remain at his Kahala home other than when he has to work at his bail bond business or for the TV show. Chapman must surrender his passport, not leave Hawai'i and wear the electronic monitoring bracelet.

Chapman cannot carry any firearms, but he told Kurren that's not a problem. "I have no guns or weapons," he said.

Chapman's attorney, Brook Hart, said his client was pleased by his release. "He's appreciative that the American justice system works fairly," Hart said.

SON RELEASED

Kurren also ordered the release of Chapman's son, Leland, and Tim Chapman (no relation) on $100,000 bail each with similar conditions imposed on Duane Chapman.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Ronald Johnson said he will probably appeal Kurren's decision to U.S. District Judge Susan Oki Mollway, but did not oppose the immediate release while he challenges the ruling.

The extradition proceedings might be held late this year or early next year, Hart said.

The three men were arrested Thursday morning by federal marshals armed with an extradition warrant related to their capture of Luster, a Max Factor heir who was hiding out in Mexico under a fictitious name. But shortly after they caught Luster, the Chapmans were arrested by Mexican authorities.

They posted bail but never showed up for a hearing there on July 15, 2003.

In a courtroom overflowing with news reporters, Chapman supporters and others, Johnson argued that neither Luster nor the Mexican government considers the charges to be minor infractions. If Chapman is released and he flees, "it impacts the international relations between Mexico and the United States," he said.

Duane Chapman went to Mexico knowing that he and his associates would be subject to Mexican law, which bans bounty hunting, Johnson said.

"The Chapmans knew when they jumped bail, they were supposed to show up in court," Johnson said.

But Hart said his client went to Mexico to catch a U.S. citizen who fled from justice.

"He took him off the streets doing a major public service to the world and the country," Hart said.

In addition to finding that the Chapmans won't flee, Kurren also found special circumstances warranting their release on bail. Among those circumstances, he said, was the Mexican government taking three years to seek extradition and the lack of any allegation that the Chapmans will commit violence or continue any alleged illegal activities.

Kurren, however, granted Johnson's request that Duane Chapman and his son be monitored by someone other than their wife and mother, Beth Chapman.

Johnson said there's a "rumor" that she told her husband not to go back to Mexico.

He also cited an earlier hearing yesterday during which Beth Chapman had to explain why she wore an A&E microphone and transmitter when she entered the courthouse. Under a federal court order, cell phones and other electronic equipment are banned from the courthouse.

Howard Glickstein, Beth Chapman's lawyer, said his client and another son, Duane, never intended to record or transmit anything and didn't know they had the mike and transmitter.

Kurren said he was "disturbed" about the violation, but said he was satisfied that no recording or transmission was made.

However, he warned Beth Chapman that if it happened again, he would hold a contempt hearing that could result in sanctions that include barring her from the courthouse.

EXTRADITION ISSUE

Hart said one issue is whether the Chapmans are charged with a felony in Mexico, which falls under the agreement allowing for extradition. But if the maximum sentence is only six months, it would be considered a misdemeanor and not an offense subject to extradition, he said.

Hart also said the hearings may include calling in witnesses from Mexico who saw the Chapmans catch Luster.

James Blancarte, a Los Angeles lawyer who also represents the Chapmans in the extradition proceedings, said it's premature to speculate on whether his clients will have to return to Mexico.

"Mr. Chapman is really a player within a larger picture of whether both governments are actually cooperating on extradition," he said. "But the merits of his case is really all that matters. The policy considerations, we'll leave to the politicians. We'll handle the law."

I think this dude is all right.

Yeah, he's a cornball, but he believes in what he's doing. And, when he got busted for not playing by the rules, he dealt with it because he believes in the system.

I think his shtick is a little over the top, but hey, it's entertainment.

Viewers Comment on the Arrest of "Dog" Chapman

I can't believe that our government chooses to arrest in such a violent manner someone who brought to justice a convicted rapist. In reality, he did the job that they couldn't or wouldn't do. With all the problems we have with illegal aliens coming from Mexico, with the blessings of the Mexican government, I can't believe the United States sides with Mexico. - Arlene

The United States through their prosecution of Mr. Luster condoned the means by which the Dog brought Luster to justice. Now for the US to sit back and allow Mexico to carry out those warrants is a disgrace but not a surprise. If Mexico is so concerned with people who allegedly commit crimes in their country facing the charges, then the US should pack up the Mexican illegals who commited rapes and murders in Mexico but fled to the US and send them back. If the US government doesn't stop Mexico with the extradition of Dog and his group, then thatsends a message to every criminal who commits their acts in the US - go across the border to Mexico. It is a sad commentary on justice! - Anne

I think the way the US has handled this situation is absurd and disgusting. I believe that they have sent a message to criminals and I am embarrassed by my government's behavior. - Kimberly

I understand that when you travel to a different country that you need to be aware of their laws. What I don't understand is criminally charging someone on the basis of getting a rapist off the streets. That is just morally wrong. I'm sure the females that were raped by Luster feel the same way. My thoughts and prayers will be with the Chapman family. Hopefully this will all be over soon! - Ellen

Being a retired homicide detective, I know that as soon as a Mexican national commits a homicide in the USA the race is on for him to flee to Mexico. Mexico does not extradite their citizens in these cases to the USA because of our death penalty laws. Why should we co-operate with Mexico when they hide murder suspects in their nation. Let the Dog stay until Mexico reaches an extradition agreement with the USA that will return hundreds of murder suspects back to the USA for justice. - John

I don't always agree with the way the "Dog" handles his bounty busts but when he went to Mexico and captured Andrew Luster he did women, Mexico, the FBI, and the USA a huge service. He did what our at times inept governmental agencies could not or would not do. To arrest him was bad enough. But to extradite him him and his the family help is just despicable. It would be comparable to treason. It reminds me of the bumbling "by the book" FBI idiots that are constantly depicted derogatorily in the movies. - Gary