R.I.P. My nigga Luigi

2Blazzed

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=62589

Authorities say 17-year-old Luis Rivera died after slipping through a fence and coming in contact with a electricity supply box. Eyewitness News reporter Carolina Tarazona has the story. Family and friends have set up a memorial with candles and flowers to honor the memory of a teen they say died too soon. "It's a pain I can't describe," Rivera's father, Jose Quinonez, said through a translator. "I can't describe how I feel. I just want to die." Police say Rivera was playing basketball with friends in a locked schoolyard at P.S. 217 at 1100 Newkirk Avenue just before 8 p.m. when he brushed up against a charged electrical box.

Rivera, who attends New Utrecht High School, had climbed halfway up the fence when his friends say they heard a snap.

"Everyone shouted, 'Luigi! Luigi!' " friend Christopher Garcia said, using Rivera's nickname. "He started shaking. It was the shock."

Rivera plunged to the ground, possibly sustaining injuries that contributed to his death. He was pronounced dead at Maimonides Medical Center.

"Why was that box so close to the gate?" Quinonez asked. Rivera had overcome heart woes, said his brother, José, adding, "He kept saying God gave me a second chance."

"The light the boy apparently brushed up against was not properly grounded," a spokesperson from the Department of Education said. "So there was an electrical charge there. We plan to examine all electric fixtures at New York City public schools to make sure they are safe as a precaution." The matter remains under investigation.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

He was such a young dude, me and his older brother Jose grew up together.He was actually one of the only young kids from around the way who you knew was a good dude,he ended up dieng from the electric shock.I passed by his buildin earlier and theyre literraly must be 200 people holding a vigil.it just goes to show you how fast a life can be taken.

my condolences as well... this is real sad... im an electrician and someone is RESPONSIBLE for this happening, there is absolutely NO excuse for that not to be grounded properly, it should be redundently grounded(backed up) so that a tragedy like this never has to happen... especially at a SCHOOL man...whatever careless lazy person caused this should be held responsible.. and his family should be PAID... i hate to hear stuff like this... RIP

damn homie, my condolences man. i'm sorry for your loss.

that shit is just plain, fucked. someone grossely neglected to do their job and now such a young kid has lost his life. it's such a fucking shame. keep you head up man. take care and again, i'm sorry. god speed. ^o^

-deets.

it seems like a lot of the decent people I knew from growing up are gone now. The shitheads manage to make it, though.

I've been wondering about this too.

What the fuck is wrong with the world.

Seriously why is shit so backwards sometimes. Most the time really.

edit: RIP to who sounds like a good soul passing too soon.