Email I sent to nograffiti.com

NOVA-3dc

im diggin some ideas however the use of our cultures' slang may throw the reader off and make it jibberish quickly.

point in case

"Yes, climbing to a heaven spot is dangerous."

you are aiming at an ignorant audience. one who already has a super negative perspective about graffiti. using the term heaven spot means nothing to this person. therefore it is ineffective. perhaps you could have explained what u meant by a heaven spot or entirely omitted the word and instead used climbing onto a highway/freeway/expressway sign...

just my pennies on the subject

Actually, they used the expression on their site. if they hadn't have, I wouldn't have said it.

But I understand the concern. Using slang near anti-graffitists usually creates confusion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Let it be known that graffiti is not the action of antisocials, anarchists or hate-bringers. Graffiti is the art of the streets."

Dude, are you aware that 99% of the people that are into graffiti fall into these three categories?

Quit trying to elevate graffiti into this noble element capable of changing the world. We're writing on people's stuff that doesn't belong to us. Some of us are just better than others.

Try explaining that to joe lunch box who'd van got tagged on that it's not vandalism and rather it's "A cry of expression birthed from the flower of the urban ghetto prophet." You'll likely get your face beaten in.

Graffiti is dirty, fun, destructive, satisfying as a cold beer and gets me laid sometimes....that's all it means to the Lens.

"The aesthetic beauty lies in both the style the word is written in, as well as the sound of the word. The full impact can be felt when you look at a well-styled tag or other piece of graffiti, and then utter blah blah blah blah blah....."

geezis.......shut up hippie

Yeah, God forbid someone take pride in their art form.

"Let it be known that graffiti is not the action of antisocials, anarchists or hate-bringers. Graffiti is the art of the streets."

Dude, are you aware that 99% of the people that are into graffiti fall into these three categories?

Quit trying to elevate graffiti into this noble element capable of changing the world. We're writing on people's stuff that doesn't belong to us. Some of us are just better than others.

Try explaining that to joe lunch box who'd van got tagged on that it's not vandalism and rather it's "A cry of expression birthed from the flower of the urban ghetto prophet." You'll likely get your face beaten in.

Graffiti is dirty, fun, destructive, satisfying as a cold beer and gets me laid sometimes....that's all it means to the Lens.

"The aesthetic beauty lies in both the style the word is written in, as well as the sound of the word. The full impact can be felt when you look at a well-styled tag or other piece of graffiti, and then utter blah blah blah blah blah....."

geezis.......shut up hippie

what he said basically...

writing emails to those kind of websites is useless...go write them a note on their fucking house instead.

wh would you get up somewhere you wont be seen??

that defies the whole point of getting up!

getting up is equivalent to getting seen, and tags in an alleyway will get less exposure than on a building front

i disagree with you on the racking part of your attempt to sound somewhat intelligent

most writers my ass

reading this thing annoyed the living fuck out of me in some parts...

"denounce the art of stealing" what a load of shit

you called it an art yourself!

other parts i agreed with like not tagging private property

now put the link up so we can see this story you responded too

you fuckwozzlechundernozzle

fuck...

my hands hurt

Man trying to justify some half artschool half street notion of what you think graffiti is , may be somewhat self satisfying but thats about it.

Please do not speak on behalf of all graffiti writers unless you know what the fuck your talking about.

Painting on the backs of shops and alleys? No thanks.

Denouncing stealing paint? Whatever bro, thats your opinion not mine.

I think one day the 'art not vandalism' thing will sink in slightly more in the public concience. But an acceptance of graffiti as a legitimate artform will never happen for many reasons.

This argument is tired and stale. If you love graffiti, do it, if you are looking for a pat on the back for trying to justify what someone else is doing, your not likley to get it.

Thanks, sake29.

Yeah, I knew the email would piss of people on either end of the spectrum.

I'm glad you guys all have your own opinions and shit... but I really don't care. Criticize or agree, I'll say and think however I want.

I haven't check me email yet, but I will to see if they replied.

The main reason I did this was to see if they'd put a half-intelligent email on their site instead of the other emails they get like "garfitti wont die!!1"

your trying to convince people who dont care..

they will never see graffiti the way we do...

they dont live it..

i dont agree with your racking policy either..

that shit is garbage

you should be out racking and bombing, not writing emails to anti-graffiti organisations

next thing you know your "working" with the vandal squad