THE SNOWBOARDING THREAD

Crook_fo'_Life

so I was just gonna say that I cant wait for the season......Whistler is gonna be prime this year!!!So anyways this threads for all the snowboading fools out there to say some shit about...SNOWBOARDING!

For expample:where you ride. what you ride or simply what it is about snowboarding that you like

cmon lets hear this shit!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i spent last year in tahoe. well, not the whole year, but id drive out there on most weekends... heavenly was my shit. squaw was cool too. theres another one right by there, a-basin or something like that. fresh too.

im into free riding for the most part, although i played around in the park a little last year towards the end of the season. i like trees, steep shit that makes my legs hurt, chutes, rocks etc...

what do i like about it? i like putting on headphones and just spending the whole day alone riding. its peacefull and relaxing...

i ride a 155 gnu from 97... which is retarded considering im 6'3" but i got it real cheap and didnt have many options at the time. the boards a little short (ok, alot short) for powder, but it handles well in trees and by this point its sort of become an extension of my body, so i didnt want to give it up.... next year however, i'm getting a new board....the new burton line... watch out now.... sooo fresh, just wait....

Guest HESHIANDET

east coast till death. actually im speaking out of jealusy. i used to log way over 100 days a year, now im lucky if i break 20. my girl works at a shop, so i got the hook up. last years dragon 59, mission binders, and my old vikings....

Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer

ahhh its nice living so damn close to the best mountains in the world. sorry kids but american mountains suck. went to aspen this year, and it was small and gay. go lake louise, go fernie.

What kinda retard would go to aspen, thats just gay man. Go to copper or winter park or vail.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

yeah, but your not me. you dont ride in wwII era cold weather infintry mittens covered in fur. see, thats why were different.

im jealous. why oh why did i leave the west coast for the flatlands of the midwest...?

damn...for a second there i thought you might be my father....or long lost somethingorother....guess i am just stupid...

i have to get me some gloves....

and make about 6500 more posts

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

east coast till death. actually im speaking out of jealusy. i used to log way over 100 days a year, now im lucky if i break 20. my girl works at a shop, so i got the hook up. last years dragon 59, mission binders, and my old vikings....

east coast what what.

i used to ride at least 100, from the age of eight til about 18 i had at least three months of winter under my belt every yr.

now tho ill tell you how sad it is, i skiied for three days last yr and that was it.

riding gets real real boring when all you do is train in the pipe.

when i quit riding for rossi my pipe board was an aleksi 156 and my cruising board was a strato 66.

tho the two best boards i ever rode would have to be the 99 brushie, and the 96 morrow lunchtray. fuck me.

i love boarding!!

i gotta get a new board tho cuz mine is too short and old and ugly and chipped, but still loved..my first board....

im gettin a new board for this season for sure....probably just the board cuz all those new bidings..and boots would kill me....broke as fuck...

what i like about boarding?... lets just say that after the first time ever.. i was hooked....it didnt matter that i almost killed myself, cuz after the 3rd time i had my own board...

i love snow..i guess...

FUCKIN EURO TRASH!!!!!!

Snow

God, can't wait for the season, or snow for that matter. There hasen't been a single fucking snowflake where i'm at in the midwest, but I'm going to Whistler with my family over Christmas break, so I'm not gonna complain. This will be my second year riding, and at the moment i'm riding a K2 spitfire with ride bindings and some super comfortable salomon boots.

• 1 year later...

i dont know numbers or lengths or lift tickets or companies or any information about snowboarding... but i love fucking doin it.. last season id wake up everymorning and go jack my neighbors board and boots etc while he was at work and bust out like 4 or 5 hours and have his shit back in place by the time he got home at 5... the mountain was like 5 minutes away from my house... that was dope.. now i live in the ghetto and ive got to fight off the crackheads.. no more country boarding life for me. ahhhh well.. i might go try and put in some work over thanksgiving. we shall see.

no doubt it's a cool feeling but I'm not down to pay someone an outrageous price so I can slide down their mountain. I dont have enough dough or dedication to blow it all on that. If I worked there and got free rides that's a different story! Surfing though.....the waves and beach are free.

I'm jealous though of all you getting to snowboard all the time. Don't take that for granted.

I shred at my local mountain (read: hill) here in MN. The freeriding is shit and a half, but it has one of the nicest parks in the midwest. A couple of kids I ride with have just started getting hooked up by some bigger name companies like Grenade, Volcom, Academy Boards, Dragon, and a few others. It's pretty cool to see how good they've gotten over the years, and I could definately see one or two of them going pro if they stay committed.

As mine name implies, I ride a Capita 158.5 Black snowboard of death

Last years version of this board

http://www.eternalsnow.com/images2004/Boards/large/CpbsodL.jpg'>

I've got a super comfy pair of DC Premier 3 boots, and last year I rode a pair of Drake F60 bindings, but I'll be picking up a new pair (either new Technines or Burtons).

Later this year Chupa Chups and I are heading up to Utah. It's going to be epic.

Archived