Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HardyHarHar

Verdi appreciation thread

I bought a used Verdi CD for $3 today. It is really really great. I encourage all unbelievers to make similar purchases and indulge in the phantasm that is great Italian opera.

i have a pavarotti track in my music folder

its from pagliacci

i have it to remind me of the moment that i realized i was wide awake listening to opera at 5 on a sunday morning

it was then that i questioned what i was doing with my life

I like arias, because you never know what's coming next. With a lot of music, it's going through the motions, but arias just go in directions you never expected. There are also some great hits in opera music, like old drinking songs adapted for the opera.

mama mia, what am i to do, all these bellas, which one should i choose, should it be her or maybe her i just don't know who it should be! i'll take them home to mama and let her decide for me.

some italian dude. i hate him.

Verdi is good.

I heard some amazing opera today on the radio. Truly some of the best stuff I've heard in a long time. Unfortunately, all that I know about it is it was sung by a Canadian with the first name of Dawn.

Damn.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this