Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

always had a soft spot for divers        

@defyonermerged with existing thread. Yeah man, 46mm is giant lol. How big is that Ball?   still enjoying my great white          Goal for next purchase is a 1986 16

Posted Images

I got a seiko skx007 maybe 3 or 4 years ago.  loved that watch until I took it off whilst taking a shit, put it on my lap and when I got up it hit the bathroom tile.  fucker broke. like I can hear a cog or sprocket loose inside.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:59 PM, JesusMachine said:

I got a seiko skx007 maybe 3 or 4 years ago.  loved that watch until I took it off whilst taking a shit, put it on my lap and when I got up it hit the bathroom tile.  fucker broke. like I can hear a cog or sprocket loose inside.

Should be easy enough to have repaired but it may be more cost effective to buy a new one. Skx007 has been discontinued and is now being made under the Seiko 5 line, but they are still available, for now. 

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvlimited run of 365? Did you find a price on that?

Yes!  There are plenty on the market.  Pretty much all Louis Moinet models are all 356 limited runs, i think its an homage to time/days/calender??

The one depicted in the photo I posted is the 18k Rose Gold.  That one there 40+k I think.  A few floating around for 30k possibly cheaper.  

The Titanium/gold is 17k but I had found on on the market for 11k.  Other LM models sell for under 10k easy.    Everyone in a while ill take a look at chrono24 as a means to see how the pre-owned market is doing.  But the brand stays pretty strong on resale value. 

On another note, I would like to know how good/reliable are Concepto Movements since concepto is the choice of movement for LM.  

I never heard of concepto and I had mentioned the company to a Mont Blanc watch maker at a trunk show, and he never heard of them as this is the default response I get from a lot of dealers.    Not sure if its just a ploy?  

• Props 1

Vostok Steve Zissou Amphibia arrived a few wks early. Lighter and smaller than I expected. Love the non ratchet bezel and ‘wobbly’ crown. Very different than anything else I have.The Vostok rubber strap is made of incredibly soft rubber... softer than my gshock by a mile. 

B819BE8D-3A0A-424B-9521-8EBD6569B2D5.jpeg

3AC82D1F-27A1-4F91-8ED0-C55F589503CA.jpeg

21A2FA84-399F-4553-877F-CE82B7DF0B94.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Been wearing the Vostok for the last nine days and loving it. This thing is running great time. No idea on +/- seconds per day but I set it to the clock on my cell and it’s still spot on. The second has a bit of a sweep to it. No at the level of my omega but better than my seiko. These things have a rep for being shitters but to be honest I’m very impressed. At about $70, this thing can def compete with the $200-400 seikos. 

the only thing I don’t care for is the 18 mm lug width. 20 mm would’ve been a bit nicer but maybe I’m just used to 20

i have one of these nato on the way but covid is ducking w the shipping heavy. Will be my strap for aloha Friday at work and will keep the rubber for the other days. Will prob be my daily driver for a while. Loving it. 

35A1EBA7-D1A7-491B-AD67-3E0D150D7B4C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...