Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

$1m hand-enameled 1954 Patek..... Fuckin beaut. How in the actual fuck could anyone wear this on their wrist knowing the cost if it gets damaged? 

h6m2setz2gf31.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For years i was tattooing in a really rich tourist area of LA so i got to see a lot of interesting watches. Used to be a cat who had the Richard Mille with the skull. Hate their watches but I still cool to see...

current rotation...

1952 oyster perpetual. Fucking love this thing. This was the watch that made me stoked on watches. That subtle texture in the dial... owning that lead me to the Tudor, which has the same texture. I thought of it as an updated progression. Seamaster is from 1962/3. Picked it up just cause I got a crazy deal on it. I’ve got several other random vintage pieces, but I don’t have pics on me, so....later. They’re nothing super special, but they’re cool. Oh, Ive also got one of those sheik of fifty five fathoms, although I ripped it all apart and recased it cause I hated how bubbly the original case and bezel were. 

Cool story, bro. 

ADEAE57D-C381-4BC4-9B78-1999360F499A.jpeg

F2AC18A5-C9F8-40C0-9FFE-B4447B8E46D4.jpeg

A679288C-3F56-40BA-8871-A7EC57B8B9D1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 2

Horology, yes this is a nice topic.   Honestly, I think it really doesn't matter what timepiece you want to wear, if you like it and it fits your lifestyle then wear it.  

However, I think there is a price point to where one should understand the history of watch making that will guide them towards the perfect match for budget.  For example, most people will jump all over a Rolex just because it equates to success (or at least appears that way), but most people who own a Rolex never heard of Louis Moinet.   I will own a Mechanograph.

Click this link to learn who he was  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Moinet

Anyhow, there are plenty of places to purchase genuine or reps with the same movement as the gens however, it may not be highly modified by the OEM but is still the same movement.  For gens check out paneristi.com if your into Panerai or if you are looking for a good rep check out rwg.cc   for preowned gens at resonable prices then check out chrono24.com

Tissot makes one of the best time pieces ever made and the Horology community will agree.  If you want a COSC chronometer the the Tissot Le Locle which comes in various finishes and straps  https://us.tissotshop.com/tissot-le-locle-automatic-cosc-2.html    more about this movement found here #4b00c43535d7 https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackforster/2012/06/18/the-tissot-le-locle-chronometer-edition-the-worlds-most-interesting-watch/#4b00c43535d7

I personally think anything Grand Seiko is worth having.  

Anyhow, here is my PAM372

20171220_155800.jpg

Glad there is some engagement here @seeking @ndv. Here is my 50th anny seamaster gmt 'great white'. Some folk think the helium excape valve is an essential part of the seamaster but this one not having it is a huge plus for me. 

_20190706_221629.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

how you go from rocking a Omega to a Seiko...  i always felt people who cosign Seiko, among others,  are just those who don't have the wallet to buy a real watch, that or have no taste.  even if you don't have a ton of money to spend there are always nice used bangers on eBay... 

I live in San Diego and wanted a watch for the beach. The seamaster can handle but always catch myself checking my wrist and I get annoyed by sand in the clasp. This can be my beach and pool beater.   Your opinion the same for Grand Seiko? @IHATEU

edit- and he sold it to me for a price I couldn’t refuse so there’s that. He’s clearing space for another sub

Yo, that ndv post read like some sort of bot trying to sell me a watch. How the fuck you gonna bag on people buying a Rolex without knowing Louis Moinet? Motherfucker been dead 200 years. He didn’t invent the watch. If you wanna name drop something quasi relevant atleast go gentry or Biver. Then we can discuss him putting on that fucking douche Alec monopoly. 

I really really really want to like seiko, I’m just not Japanese enough. I have tons of respect for the company, and i “almost” buy their watches all the time.... but i just can’t do it. I do want the watch from apocalypse now. And a poge. Actually, a few of their older watches are cool, but meh.... I just can’t. 

grand seiko I could fuck with if I had the money, but I’d have to have a lot of money. Or have it be vintage. I hate that I’m being a label whore but atleast in an honest whore. 

killz,  ha, you’re gonna get sand in any kind of clasp. Although I suppose I do have a rubber diving strap I throw on the Tudor if I know I’m gonna be at the beach a lot, so I suppose I get it. 

• Like 1