Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Will you look at that? I'd never have expected a thread on timepieces here on the oz. I guess it was bound to happen. Beardo's post reminds me of Xetum. Not that it's bad or anything.

Anyway, here's mine:

z5421489X.jpg

Montblanc Timewalker Chronograph

My next timepiece would either be a Lum*Tec or say fuck it and get a Bell & Ross. Then again, I'm beginning to fall for IWC.

which one should i cop...

black victorinox swiss army dive master

or citizen JW0097-54E

or citizen BN0085-01E

That is a decision that only you can decide. A watch should be an extension of you regardless if it's an automatic or a quartz movement.

If you don't have many watches in your collection, try to pick one that would complement most of your outfits.

always go with auto... only quartz watches in my collection are vintage...

Haha I'm not one to be concerned with what a man wears, but if there's a watch a friend wears that catches my eye and it ticks, my heart sinks. I guess I have high expectations from my friends. Then again, I have a Movado with a quartz movement. Ha!

There's so much to a timepiece, that I force myself to not care too much (history, movement, etc.). Most people cringe at a Japanese ETA movement and prefer Swiss. Some appreciate in-house movements over sourced. Too much involved, I say!

One of these days, I hope I will own a tourbillon.

Here's something for y'all to check out:

http://www.luxury4play.com/watches/64577-some-prefer-things-complicated.html

L4P may require you to register. I don't expect most of you graffing niggas to do so, but if you do, you'll enjoy it.

Montblanc, eh, not a great watch man. they are a pen company and relatively new on the watch game. when spending that much money i would pass and stay focused on a watch company that ONLY makes timepieces. and Piguet is a great watch, the royal oak offshore is quite classic but for what it is and how much those cost i cant swing it.

i have purchased and sold several watches but for wrist time and staying power in my collection i pretty much stick to only a few brands:

Ball, Kobold, Sinn, Omega, Bathys, and Tag Heuer

thats pretty much in order of importance and desire as well with the first two slots changing from time to time... ha

Montblanc, eh, not a great watch man. they are a pen company and relatively new on the watch game.a

While I agree with you on this comment and watchuseek, the watch was a gift to me. It was either the Timewalker or the Sport Chronos, but the former felt like it was more for me than the other.

Anyway, like I said in my previous post, wear what you like although there is much more to a timepiece than aesthetics.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

want....

james-bond-rolex-1.jpg

James Bond’s Rolex 5513 Submariner on Auction

Here’s your chance to be just like James Bond. Christie’s will be auctioning off a genuine Rolex 5513 Submariner, as worn by Roger Moore in 1973′s Live and Let Die. Notable film buffs will be quick to ask if it features the Hyper Intensified Magnetic Field Generator & Buzz Saw Bezel like in the film. Well, you’re going to need between $230,000-$450,000 USD to find out.

I'm predisposed to breaking every single watch I own.

My parents gave me a Nixon for Christmas last year - just a basic one - "The Private".

Come March, I went to set the time an hour forward for spring, and the fucking crown came right out. I didn't even bother filing a warranty claim because the overall cost of repair would probably exceed the price paid for the watch (neighborhood of $100).

Needless to say I won't be buying a Nixon.

Looking at Citizens, though. Might go with a fabric or leather band instead of metal.

Damn br0, I need to see a collection post from you.

i posted one pages back i thought...

here is all but one of my tool watches in rotation. this photo does not include my Rolex pepsi gmt, any of my vintage Heuers, and Lange and Soehne german SS watch.

6262553311_8194b8358b_b.jpg

Omega 007 seamaster limited to 5007 pieces world wide

Kobold Phantom white face. rumored less then 15 in existence

Tag Heuer Carrera limited edition jeff gordon color way.

Bathys 100F UV PVD. very rare in this coating.

Ball Master Diver TMT. limited to 2006 pieces world wide

Sinn 756 Diapal GMT. rare in this configuration

• 4 weeks later...

eh for that price i rather rock a Bathys. plus that crown position is so awful and unpractical. kinda looks like a mix between a Sinn U1 and UX.

as for the movement your basically paying 599-700 for a movement that Citizen makes and is put inside low tier brands like Fossil. you can compare the movement so some Seiko movements. though the one they use is a new movement that i dont know much about i know its a durable and tested company but for that price i would pass or just buy a Bulova, a company with history. its a jap company trying to compete with Swiss ETA.

positives are if you are from Florida or want a US branded company time piece and cant afford a Kobold.

lum-tec is a great company and are involved in making the watch. this watch probably equal too say Invicta another Florida based watch co that is riding off the coat tails of the historic company with same name.

����if you want a affordable watch that will last try

Bathys if your into rare and putting your money into a US company

Tissot (historic SWISS company making watches since 1850s

Doxa ( make great dive watches. another SWISS company since 1800s

hell you could come up on a used Heuer or Longines in the 500 range

long winded much??? ha