Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I have a few watches ... none that are too special to me ... was just thinking today that I want to start shopping a new one.

the only "nice" one I have is :

635155m.jpg

It retails at $1,500.00 but I got it when I worked there for about $200.00

Dont waer it that often anymore, its a demanding piece to have on your wrist.

that's horrible

good word from the dude but then not everyone can just invest couple Gs on a panerai. i got a poljot (russian made), decent design, nice quality and a decent price (2 bills). my dad has a rolex for somoe years now and still looks great. go spend your hard earn money on something you like, don't buy over priced shit though.

My sediments exactly. My family's been passing down a Luminor for a couple generations, I won't even take it out of the safe. A friend of mine bought me this for getting him a showing in Vegas where he sold every piece he put up on opening. I love the wood to death, so I don't call him a jew for buying me just a $200 watch.

the%20rotalog%20nixon%20watch.jpg

that's horrible

Its super ugly ...no question ...but its the only US designed & made movement. So there is a charm to it ... Plus when you see that companies work day in day out ... it can grow on you.

However with that said ... I am shopping a new watch because I cant wear that thing anymore.

I would like to get a watch that became an heirloom.

good word from the dude but then not everyone can just invest couple Gs on a panerai. i got a poljot (russian made), decent design, nice quality and a decent price (2 bills). my dad has a rolex for somoe years now and still looks great. go spend your hard earn money on something you like, don't buy over priced shit though.

Yo, i was checking out some of those Poljot watches, they have some nice shit, I have a question though, do they only make manuals? And do they have any with stainless bands?

• 3 weeks later...

I was standing at the bar next to this guy the other night and he was wearing a panerai. I said, nice watch, and showed him my fake rolex. He didn't know what a panerai was, he said "yeah it was a gift, i like it though" I said, "you should look after that thing!". Later that night i smashed my fake rolex. Shit was entertaining like woah.

Usually, in a watch, I go for movement over aesthetics, not that the two are mutually exclusive, but i would rather have a plain looking watch which had a swiss 32 jewel movement in it, than a snazzy watch with a quartz movement in it.

I am wearing, just an old swatch, but it has a 21 jewel automatic movement in it, the same one as in most of the automatic tag heurereesss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...