Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weapon X

Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

I have a few watches ... none that are too special to me ... was just thinking today that I want to start shopping a new one.

the only "nice" one I have is :

635155m.jpg

It retails at $1,500.00 but I got it when I worked there for about $200.00

Dont waer it that often anymore, its a demanding piece to have on your wrist.

If you got the money fuck a rolex, they're shit anyway. go panerai or blanc pain and watch the value of its craftsmenship retain value decades after you bought it. That's the purpose of buying expensive-ass shit: The investment. The concept is lost on folks these days, but yes, you're supposed to eventually get your money back, maybe with interest.

good word from the dude but then not everyone can just invest couple Gs on a panerai. i got a poljot (russian made), decent design, nice quality and a decent price (2 bills). my dad has a rolex for somoe years now and still looks great. go spend your hard earn money on something you like, don't buy over priced shit though.

I believe it's made by Nike.

it's probably made by seiko or citizen. nike aren't in the watch making business, they're in the business of putting their mark on everything

I have a few watches ... none that are too special to me ... was just thinking today that I want to start shopping a new one.

the only "nice" one I have is :

635155m.jpg

It retails at $1,500.00 but I got it when I worked there for about $200.00

Dont waer it that often anymore, its a demanding piece to have on your wrist.

that's horrible

good word from the dude but then not everyone can just invest couple Gs on a panerai. i got a poljot (russian made), decent design, nice quality and a decent price (2 bills). my dad has a rolex for somoe years now and still looks great. go spend your hard earn money on something you like, don't buy over priced shit though.

My sediments exactly. My family's been passing down a Luminor for a couple generations, I won't even take it out of the safe. A friend of mine bought me this for getting him a showing in Vegas where he sold every piece he put up on opening. I love the wood to death, so I don't call him a jew for buying me just a $200 watch.

the%20rotalog%20nixon%20watch.jpg

^I didn't like that watch the first time I saw it, but it's grown on me a lot. I might buy it. I really wish the panels came in black rubber though.

Oh, and there's a major ubertone in your post.

that's horrible

Its super ugly ...no question ...but its the only US designed & made movement. So there is a charm to it ... Plus when you see that companies work day in day out ... it can grow on you.

However with that said ... I am shopping a new watch because I cant wear that thing anymore.

I would like to get a watch that became an heirloom.

Yo, i was checking out some of those Poljot watches, they have some nice shit, I have a question though, do they only make manuals? And do they have any with stainless bands?

That black one's kinda cool. And I lied it's not a luminor, it's a logo 5...and apparently there's a Blanc Pain Flyback in the inheritance if grapms chooses to croak tomorrow.

I was standing at the bar next to this guy the other night and he was wearing a panerai. I said, nice watch, and showed him my fake rolex. He didn't know what a panerai was, he said "yeah it was a gift, i like it though" I said, "you should look after that thing!". Later that night i smashed my fake rolex. Shit was entertaining like woah.

Usually, in a watch, I go for movement over aesthetics, not that the two are mutually exclusive, but i would rather have a plain looking watch which had a swiss 32 jewel movement in it, than a snazzy watch with a quartz movement in it.

I am wearing, just an old swatch, but it has a 21 jewel automatic movement in it, the same one as in most of the automatic tag heurereesss.

I got me that wood panel joint. Shit is ill. I wish the wristband didn't taper in though, I thought it'd be uniformly thick all around.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now