Watches (timepieces that go on the wrist)

Weapon X

Thanks for the advice IHU. I'll look into those watchmakers. After reading your review I think I'm gonna pass on that watch and raise my budget to 2 racks. I'm getting more interested in tactical and racing type watches also I wouldn't mind looking into any divers watches. I saw a dope looking tag carrera but I'm unsure on how to get the best deal cuz I'm a cheap fuck. Suggestions or is $2000 to low of a budget for a tactical.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

2000 is a great price for a nice used tactical or diver for your first real watch that will last you a lifetime... i can help you get the best deal when you feel its time to pull the trigger on a purchase. i have only bought 2 watches in a store. online is your best bet as long as you know your shit...

i only mentioned lumtec in regards to their visibility in low light and how they were involved with Hexa. cool its a US watch but they dont hold value at all. i have seen used ones go for around 200.00, and on ebay you can get new ones for that price range. i would pass.

when talking lume Ball Watch Co. can not be beat.

I'm not too concerned with value either since I don't see myself reselling any pieces. I fell in love with Bell&Ross (pause) and am very well aware they don't hold their value. You should read the Watch Snob on AskMen.com if you want a good laugh.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-watches/

I don't agree with 80% of what he says, but it's definitely an enjoyable read. If you're interested in American companies, you should check out Xetum. Why don't you like L4P?

see i care about value because i care how i spend my money and what it turns into because im not rich. obviously i buy it first and formost for the watch itself but watches are a thing that gets "handed down" and inherited so for that reason i like to purchase a piece that stands the test of time and can turn a bit if my child is not into time pieces or does not feel the need for more then one...

unless im in some real ill pinch i would never sell any of my collection either unless im truly sick of the piece but at least i know if i want too ill get a great return.

I'm not too concerned with value either since I don't see myself reselling any pieces. I fell in love with Bell&Ross (pause) and am very well aware they don't hold their value. You should read the Watch Snob on AskMen.com if you want a good laugh.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-watches/

I don't agree with 80% of what he says, but it's definitely an enjoyable read. If you're interested in American companies, you should check out Xetum. Why don't you like L4P?

Will have a read through later on. Will also be sure to check out some Xetum stuff, in house movement?

Personal preference keeps me off of L4P. Were you a 6speed'er?

Just got this;

wenger-swiss-military-field-watch.jpg

Great as a beater watch so far, seems to handle the knocks and wet environment I work in.

@IHU: Fair call mate, coming from a car mod background, you sort of forget about getting good returns on investment!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this Omega Speedmaster at the Omega Store.

watch-4640.jpg

Only problem it's over $8000, that's $6000 over my budget. The salesperson told me it has a new movement and it will include 7 years of service. Questions: can I get this watch cheaper used or is it to new? Pros and cons on copping in the used/ gray market? What's the deal with this new movement? Any other watches comparable for cheaper?

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/speedmaster/moonwatch-omega-co-axial-chronograph/31130445101002

Model Number: 311.30.44.51.01.002

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...