rehab

HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always get a kick out of those "rehab is for quitters" kind of jokes.

It's funny to ridicule people for making really difficult decisions to try and better themselves.

see i know your being sarcastic and your funny so you get a pass. but anyone talking shit on this will be put on my beat on sight list. fyi

a couple years ago i had an experience with this sort of situation. i interviewed at a rehab program and i wasn't material yet, but if i kept on the path i was on i would be there for sure. that wasn't a wake up call and i continued to drink. now after a near death experience relating to drinking i have resolved to quit. 3 weeks sober and counting...hollerronhospital.jpg[/img]

yeah, alot of meetings with counselors, groups, etc. they can vary pretty widely, depending on how much scrill you have. basically they just try to show you that you can go on with life without being fucked up constantly. some talk about god, some talk about other shit. if you really wanna get help, they can be decent. most people don't want help though, they want attention.

yeah, alot of meetings with counselors, groups, etc. they can vary pretty widely, depending on how much scrill you have. basically they just try to show you that you can go on with life without being fucked up constantly. some talk about god, some talk about other shit. if you really wanna get help, they can be decent. most people don't want help though, they want attention.

yeah most people are court ordered, or their parents made them go, in the younger category. if you want help though, they can help.

i interviewed at a rehab program and i wasn't material yet, but if i kept on the path i was on i would be there for sure.

which is total bullshit on their part.

my good friends father was turned away by AA because they didn't think

his problem drinking was intense enough for them to be much help.

He wasn't cycle drinking and could stop by himself for weeks at a time,

which apparently means you're not hardcore enough for some AA groups.

Skip forward a few years, and he's dead. Drank himself to death.

It burns me up that he couldn't get help when he knew he needed it.

which is total bullshit on their part.

my good friends father was turned away by AA because they didn't think

his problem drinking was intense enough for them to be much help.

He wasn't cycle drinking and could stop by himself for weeks at a time,

which apparently means you're not hardcore enough for some AA groups.

Skip forward a few years, and he's dead. Drank himself to death.

It burns me up that he couldn't get help when he knew he needed it.

thats fucked up, most AA meetings wouldnt do that shit. some groups get fucked up though, i mean if you look at the people that are running shit, its bound to happen.

thats fucked up, most AA meetings wouldnt do that shit. some groups get fucked up though, i mean if you look at the people that are running shit, its bound to happen.

I know this one guy who's gone clean and sober for almost two years now

and he's got this attitude that no drinking problem comes close to what he had.

Booze effects everyone a little different, and just because you haven't spent

every dollar to your name on booze and gone on a 5 day bender doesn't mean

your problem isn't serious enough to deal with. Boasting about how bad you used to be is just plain dumb.

yeah, thats my head. its true that there are different types of drinking problems. just because you don't drink every day doesn't mean you don't have a problem. if you drink to excess everytime you do drink then you have a problem. i wasn't trying to get into a dick measuring contest about how bad my prblem was, i was just stating that it was bad, and i didn't get help and suffered the consequences...meh, if you're able to control you're drinking and do it socially then more power to you.

Good luck to anyone who wants to better themselves for any reason.

I couldn't find the strength to be sober when I knew I wanted to be purely out of my codependance issues and living with another addict. All I wound up needing to find that strength was to be on my own again.

*** Edit ***

I never got into heavy drinking ... due to family history ...So I ventured into smoking way too many trees. 10 years later I realized I traded crutches with my Dad but none the less wound up an addict in my own right. Its odd I can handle drinking in moderation but not smoking.

Anyone hyping up any bad aspects of their lives are crying for attention ... myself included ... I sold myself to strangers I wanted to impress with all my flaws. Its so lame and to any down to earth person its so obvious.

So again good luck to anyone who quests growth and expansion of themselves.

see i know your being sarcastic and your funny so you get a pass. but anyone talking shit on this will be put on my beat on sight list. fyi

Sardonic, actually. It's like sarcasm, only more mean spirited. Either way, I'm glad that it's noted, as I would hate for someone to confuse me with the type of douchebag that actually makes those jokes.

i wasn't trying to get into a dick measuring contest about how bad my prblem was, i was just stating that it was bad, and i didn't get help and suffered the consequences...

I wasn't directing that at you, more so about my friend who is sober now and can sometimes act like he had the worst drinking problem the world had ever seen.

Changing a person's base personality is a tough thing to do... a lot of people can go dead-dick sober and still manage to find completely new and exciting ways to shorten their lifespan.

...which is why I'm sketchy about rehab. A lot of programs give you all the right words and leave it up to you to figure out how to apply them to your life and actualize... which can seriously fuck up an already fragile head.

(I've never been in rehab but I've known enough addicts to notice a thing or two).