Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnny ballbags

GOOGLE ONER IS HATIN...... WTF?

are we still encouraged in hit googles links to support this site, when we will be supporting another site in the process? how and why did this all happen? why cant i get any answers?

talk about it......

nah i think when we got google-oner they chose what types of links it displayed...cuz it would be odd if it displayed like...the golden girls season 1....but it has advertised some wierd shit...i dunno

The way google works is that it scans the text of whatever content is in a post, pulls out keywords from it, and matches those keywords to a database of relevant keywords that it attaches to various advertisers. It then posts the most relevant ads. In our case, if there are no particularly relevant keywords in a thread, it probably falls back on the common topics they expect to appeal to people on the site, i.e., graffiti.

It's actually a lot like the way the US government is tracking your online habits.

well duhhh...but i think he's planing something.....AND HE NEVER SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT THE THREAD SUBJECT...

RUDE.

If raven or psm or whomever would like to shed some light on the actual formula google uses to decide which links appear that would be cool. I noticed it must go by keywords or it just gets lazy because before this BS in every thread thing it had a lot of the same links in several threads that had nothing to do with the actual topic in these threads.

I know there was an announcement by the guy who runs ytmnd.com about how the site had a 16,000 server bill and he said "clicking on all the google links won't raise any money, the only way we get money off that is if you buy something".

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now