Speeding Ticket.

GEEB

dammit, today i was on my way home from my parents house and as im punching the gas to power around two very slow cars in front of me on the freeway, a cop who was waiting in the bushes tags me, he followed behind me for a few seconds by then i had tried to slow down hoping he didnt catch me speeding by, then the lights came on "fuck!" i pull over turn down my radio, the cop come up to the passanger window "do you know how fast you were going?" i told him "yea i know, i was doing 80" he says thats about right, "licence and registration please" the whole routine, i was hoping hed let me off because it was the day befor my birthday you know, 9/11, but nope i got a citation for doing 83 in a 65 zone it ruined my day. now i have to wait for that ticket to show up, go to court, pay it and do traffic school to keep it off my record. i have a few questions though, when i complete traffic school is my dmv and insurance slate CLEAN afterwards? this is my first ticket, and can i do the traffic school online? because ive seen the dmv website endorse it. share your experiances.:shakehead:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
uh thanks smartass...but im leaving the country for 6 months..and not returning to this state

Sounds like you've got nothing to worry about. I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

Seriously, though- I think if you reschedule they would be impressed with your integrity. Who reschedules a court date, after all?

yeah you can do the driver improvement course online, and it is endorsed by the dmv, here in FL at least. and i do believe upon completion of the course the points are deducted from your license and the ticket is expunged sp?. sucks about the ticket, happy birthday anyhow.. cheers

My homie just did that last week, you DON'T want to go the online route. It takes 2 hours, there's absolutely no way to speed it up and at random intervals between 6-10 minutes it pops up a question of a 'personal info' sheet you have to fill out. If you don't answer within 90 seconds it freezes you out and you fail. MUCH better to head out to one of those 'comedy' driving schools, in Orlando the main one is held at a resaurant so you get a steak dinner as well. Well, it was a few years ago when I lived there, maybe it's closed now, still it was only like $45.

You can get the points off your license with driving school but it won't help your insurance, that goes up no matter what... unless your insurance company doesn't get the ticket (which has happened to a couple people I know).

BTW, your birthday is homie's wedding anniversary.