Led Zeppelin V.S. The Beatles

AllTheWrongWords

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's been real, it's been fun. hell, it's even been real fun. (one of the most productive threads/nights on 12oz in a while for myself.) but i need to catch some zzzz's. keep this thread up, so i'll have something to read tomorrow. and Mods, give my music area of 12oz suggestion some thought.

This thread is a bunch of goddamn crazy talk. It's stupid to argue about which is better, because both are fucking amazing. If you sit down and listen to the later Beatles albums, the various innovations and the diversity of the styles of songs they play are mindblowing if you look at them in perspective. 12ozname, I'd be interested to hear you name a few of these other bands that you think were doing the same shit as the Beatles, because I'm pretty sure that they were at the forefront in pushing most of the boundaries of pop and psychedelic rock music. Next spring, on the first nice day, put Abbey Road in your car stereo or on your iPod and cruise around town listening to that shit straight through, and try to tell me that those guys were not musical geniuses.

And Led Zeppelin were much better at playing music than writing it. This is not to say that they were not brilliant songwritwers, because they were obviously awesome and made a lot of incredible songs. But the beauty of Led Zeppelin is the fact that each of them simply rocked so much at their given instrument, it's like a fucking circus sideshow to hear them all play together at once. They're all so good it's just absurd, which of course makes them incredibly fun to listen to. Watching their live footage literally makes me grin and want to fucking jump up and down and shout.

Basically, both bands are fucking awesome. Sometimes, I just want to rock the fuck out, and Led Zeppelin is my shit. Other times, I want to spend an hour listening to a brilliant concept album that defies genre definitions and affects my mood, and I'll go for the Beatles.

Oh here comes Harvey to save the world one thread at a time

"Look at me I have valid points. I have face upon face. blahblahblah"

My nigga

You have clarified me and made pure the air. Please accept an empty box as my thanks to you.

283,1144364892,1.jpg[/color][/size][/center][/b]

You're welcome.:D

I'm confused. Are you mad at me for making "valid points" in a debate?

For a while I tried posting that video where the two dogs are fucking and the one throws up everywhere, but everyone got mad about it. If you want, I'll just start making comments about peeing in people's butts.

One more valid point though: The Velvet Underground is the best band of the era in question anyway.

Archived