Hitchhiker's Guide to the Afterlife

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sadly, ese has a point. Some book publishers will scramble to pillage the notes and unfinished projects of writers who just died, and have somebody ghost write the rest, just to cash in.

I don't know the facts on this particular book. I haven't read Adams in a long time. In fact the only things I remember from his books are a machine that dispenses fish, and 42.

It appears from the article that he had several drafts. Sounds to me like he left more than enough material. All they would need is a good editor who can combine the different drafts in a manner that presesrves his voice. You usually run into problems when there is not enough material and you have to bring in a writer to finish the story.

well, from what I read in that CNN report, they found it in an unfinished state, but I think it is in draft form (completed just unpolished), but you guys shouldn't underestimate the ability of a decent editor. Also, publishing companies don't usually get to come into your house and take your unfinished work. Books belong to the writer, not the publisher. Also I don't think his family is particularly broke either, so...? who knows, but I have high hopes.

Archived