Sane's Tagged Up Math Textbook

mikeaz

I attend the school of the late great Sane. Starting school this year, I received my textbooks. I opened my math textbook and saw a Sane tag. At first I thought it was just some kid copying Sane's tag, but it was everywhere in the book. The name "David Smith" was logged in the list of names exactly in Sane's handstyle. I knew now that I was holding an artifact of graffiti history. Sane's very own math textbook, used in my school from years 1985 and 1986.

I have scanned some of the most interesting pages and uploaded them to my flickr account in order to archive some remaining bits of Sane's legacy.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikeazorin/sets/72157594274009002/detail/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That's actually pretty dope...I'm still tryna figure out why your school usin books from the late 70's...

And I gotta agree wit everyone else, keep that shit. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if you could get around to doin some sort of official auction for it and get some serious money. I'd keep it if i was you.

RIP Sane

That's actually pretty dope...I'm still tryna figure out why your school usin books from the late 70's...

And I gotta agree wit everyone else, keep that shit. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if you could get around to doin some sort of official auction for it and get some serious money. I'd keep it if i was you.

RIP Sane

sell it and say you lost it... dont even use it the rest of the year.. haha... steal someone elses and use that

Holy shit, what a find. I'll echo what everyone is saying: Do not give the book back! You are holding a piece of graffiti history, don't let it go. Eventually that book will become too outdated and the school will throw it out anyway.

Also, keep it under lock and key, someone might try to steal that shit off you.

I'd be mad tempted to just take one of those pages out, frame it, and put it on my wall. Not sure how much money you'll make off it, Sane isn't respected in the art world as much as he is respected in the graff world. Talking to an art dealer that specializes in graff-related artwork won't hurt though.

You should try to get it to Smith somehow. Certain people on here might have connections. I don't think you should try to sell it and profit from it, that's kind of disrespectful.

He has a point. That's a good idea. I know that many old school heads that would know how to get in touch with Smith own tattoo shops and the like.

wow, you are the luckiest muthafucka in the world right now.....weird how it turns out your a head and you end up findin something like that shit.....fuck, i bet that day was a great school day i woulda skipped school and ran straight home with that shit....definately be careful, dont want no jealous fuckers taxin your ass and snatching it....everyone has said it and i will stress it again GLASS CASE...if you cant buy one, learn how to make one....Congrats on the find

You should try to get it to Smith somehow. Certain people on here might have connections. I don't think you should try to sell it and profit from it, that's kind of disrespectful.

thats a cool story. To all the people saying sell it and profit from it is rediculous. Hold onto it. But selling it would be very gay. And if someone who deserves it (like smith) asks for it give it to them..