Need legal help regarding roommate.

After School Special

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So I just got back from the station, I knew she was getting on at 7.

She says she doesn't have any contact information and that she doesn't have to pay shit because she didn't sign a lease.

I was then removed from the station.

The lack of lease thing makes me worried that we got owned, here is all I can think of.

We have proof that she lived here from feb till now via rent payment.

She has had mail here, I'm sure a date of address change cannot be terribly hard to obtain.

Also I have proof that bills have not been paid and she lacks evidence of paying them.

Is a lack of lease legal immunitiy to paying rent?

Or would common sense play into the court that all roommates pay an equal amount of rent.

Thanks in advance.

Sup fermenor =)

While I was at work our cunt roommate moved all of her shit out.

Owing 750 in rent and 450 in past bills.

She is (was?) a police officer for Boston, my friend works at Rent A Center where she still owes a ton of cash to them.

Is is possible to track her through either of these methods?

And what is the correct legal action to take? I don't think you tell the cops about this but file something with the courts.

I'm a tad out of me league here regarding how to persue legal action.

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

-Shadow

You're asking cop questions...

Are you a cop? Oh, and what a wonderful idea to come ask the "12oz Lawyers/Graffiti Writers" for legal advice....

Hahaha, here's a good one... hire a lawyer (not from 12oz)... I didn't read the replies, but I am sure there is something

saying "Find her, and when you do, kick her ass so she knows to never do that again... and steal things from her...."

You could frame her... ah, I'm gonna shut up.

She says she doesn't have any contact information and that she doesn't have to pay shit because she didn't sign a lease.

The lack of lease thing makes me worried that we got owned, here is all I can think of.

She has had mail here, I'm sure a date of address change cannot be terribly hard to obtain.

Also I have proof that bills have not been paid and she lacks evidence of paying them.

Or would common sense play into the court that all roommates pay an equal amount of rent.

Thanks in advance.

Sup fermenor =)

Bump latest questions, got lost in the bullshit.

Rent is 325.

325!

And bitch has been for the past 4 months, "I get paid in two weeks, I'll pay you then."

"Oh shit i don't have the money, I'll give it to you in two weeks."

Where the money went I have no fucking clue.

I work for 10 bucks an hour + tips and have money to burn after 325, she makes more than that...

As for her being a cop, she was cool about shit when she was here. Now she's threatening to pull some BS regarding the house getting raided or whatever.

I could care less, the house will be clean by then.

Just shut the fuck up and pay me you slampig bitch.

Thanks in advance.

Sup fermenor =)

Bump new ?'s to new page.

This bitch gets paid way more than I do and I have no idea why she can't pay up.

Guaranteed housing I dunno, I don't think she had that option.

she isn't paying because she's an insufferable cunt.

i used to be an apartment manager/leasing agent. basiclly, if you don't have her name on the lease, you're fucked. where i used to work, people's roomates would bail all the time and there was nothing that i could do if they didn't sign the lease, or at least make an addendum saying that they were living on the property and were responsible for $XX/per month.

i would say track her down and make her pay, but she's a cop. that would definetly not be a good idea.

better luck next time, i guess.

Even if I can prove she lived there for x months?

Does common sense come into play with the court system like "You live there you pay bills?"

The cops didn't much seem to like me showing up there and I have no idea where she's at so I can't collect the money =p

This is fucking gay.

I understand how important a lease is but in this case it feels like such a bullshit loophole.

Any thinking person would say that she's responsible for the cash, but oh, she didnt sign a lease. She's off scott free.

Thanks for the advice, I'm taking a nap before work and calling some lawyers.

Hopefully they will have better news.

As for her being a cop, she was cool about shit when she was here. Now she's threatening to pull some BS regarding the house getting raided or whatever.

I could care less, the house will be clean by then.

If your computer is in your house, then your house isn't clean.

Sounds like you got played and there's nothing you can do about it. If you persue this she's going to rat you out. Your crib is going to be raided and even if you don't have any evidence there it's going to be a huge pain in the ass. Your house will be thoroughly trashed, you'll be cuffed and taken to the station for a couple days while being interogated, and you'll probably be convicted anyways just on the strength of her testimony. Even if you beat the case you'll always be under the shadow of knowing that the cops know who you are and are watching and waiting for you to slip. Cut your losses and take it as a lesson learned... NEVER TRUST A COP. DON'T EVEN TALK TO COPS.

And make sure your next roomate is on the lease.

still i just wanna know why a cop can't get her own place? aren't they guaranteed housing?

Nah, no housing guarentees. Boston cops make 40,000 a year starting pay, but all police and firefighters have to live in Boston in order to work in Boston. Boston has some of the highest rents and real estate prices in the nation so it's an issue for all of them. A house in the really bad neighborhoods will still go for over $200,000.

If your computer is in your house, then your house isn't clean.

Sounds like you got played and there's nothing you can do about it. If you persue this she's going to rat you out. Your crib is going to be raided and even if you don't have any evidence there it's going to be a huge pain in the ass. Your house will be thoroughly trashed, you'll be cuffed and taken to the station for a couple days while being interogated, and you'll probably be convicted anyways just on the strength of her testimony. Even if you beat the case you'll always be under the shadow of knowing that the cops know who you are and are watching and waiting for you to slip. Cut your losses and take it as a lesson learned... NEVER TRUST A COP. DON'T EVEN TALK TO COPS.

And make sure your next roomate is on the lease.

I'm not Cope2 or Tony Montana.

That shit really doesn't stress me out.

I called a lawyer and he said I can win this shit easy street.

Wish me luck.